Nikon mirrorless for DX?

My previous post was answering why DX lenses (probably) wouldn't work on a new DX-sensor mirrorless. I said nothing about mirrorless being superior, you should abandon DX and go mirrorless, so I'm not sure where that response came from.

If for some reason you feel like you MUST go mirrorless, then yes, you will likely need to abandon your DX glass.

Adapters work, though. Adapters can make up the mount distance, and depending on camera and lens brands they might even keep all the functionality of the lens intact, but you lose the compactness that is present in mirrorless cameras.

Personally, mirrorless isn't good enough yet. It may be someday, even someday soon, but as pointed out, the AF doesn't work as well, and personally, I despise electronic viewfinders.
Rubbish the A7 range is as good as any dslr and better than most
Yep I can see myself going to a Hockey game with bad lighting conditions and fast moving player, I can see myself mounting Sony's famous fast F2.8 70-200mm glass and I can see the amazing results I am getting.

Oh wait Sony doesn't have an F2.8 dedicated glass for the A7 how silly of me, I know you are great doing MF so I am sure you will have the whole game MF.
Or how about going to you kids music night school where its packed with people and to focus on your kid you must use a telezoom, I am sure the F4 Sony makes for the A7 will be more than enough.....NOT!!!
I was at a school night and had the pleasure to meet a lovely couple with an A7, they had a prime lens mounted on it and due to the heavy crowd he couldn't get close enough to the stage and get the frame he wanted while I was away with my D750 with the 70-200mm 2.8 and got the shots at 200mm and 12800ISO F2.8. Not ideal but still VERY usable, I got the memories of my son playing while he couldn't, luckily for him I got few shots for him and send it to him after processing.

Is the A7 a good camera, absolutely, I might own one in the future, LOVE this camera!!! love the vision and guts of Sony to make a FF mirrorless but AF wise it is still not there and they need to make fast zoom lenses or else they are limiting their users in some scenarios.
You are happy with your A7 then god bless you but it is still a limited package for some, definitely for me.

My previous post was answering why DX lenses (probably) wouldn't work on a new DX-sensor mirrorless. I said nothing about mirrorless being superior, you should abandon DX and go mirrorless, so I'm not sure where that response came from.

If for some reason you feel like you MUST go mirrorless, then yes, you will likely need to abandon your DX glass.

Adapters work, though. Adapters can make up the mount distance, and depending on camera and lens brands they might even keep all the functionality of the lens intact, but you lose the compactness that is present in mirrorless cameras.

Personally, mirrorless isn't good enough yet. It may be someday, even someday soon, but as pointed out, the AF doesn't work as well, and personally, I despise electronic viewfinders.
Could not disagree more match it against a Nikon D810 with 36 MP and really good optical VF
A7r has 36mp and great VF
Then why did Sony switch their latest

Could not disagree more match it against a Nikon D810 with 36 MP and really good optical VF
A7r has 36mp and great VF
Then why does sony's new A7s have 12.2 MP
For video and low light Nikon cannot match its low light capability

Yep I can see myself going to a Hockey game with bad lighting conditions and fast moving player, I can see myself mounting Sony's famous fast F2.8 70-200mm glass and I can see the amazing results I am getting.

Oh wait Sony doesn't have an F2.8 dedicated glass for the A7 how silly of me, I know you are great doing MF so I am sure you will have the whole game MF.
Or how about going to you kids music night school where its packed with people and to focus on your kid you must use a telezoom, I am sure the F4 Sony makes for the A7 will be more than enough.....NOT!!!
I was at a school night and had the pleasure to meet a lovely couple with an A7, they had a prime lens mounted on it and due to the heavy crowd he couldn't get close enough to the stage and get the frame he wanted while I was away with my D750 with the 70-200mm 2.8 and got the shots at 200mm and 12800ISO F2.8. Not ideal but still VERY usable, I got the memories of my son playing while he couldn't, luckily for him I got few shots for him and send it to him after processing.

Is the A7 a good camera, absolutely, I might own one in the future, LOVE this camera!!! love the vision and guts of Sony to make a FF mirrorless but AF wise it is still not there and they need to make fast zoom lenses or else they are limiting their users in some scenarios.
You are happy with your A7 then god bless you but it is still a limited package for some, definitely for me.

A7 has not been made for that, i have been there and done that with Canon 1D and 300mmF2.8L

A7 has not been made for that, i have been there and done that with Canon 1D and 300mmF2.8L
Exactly, A7 is a fantastic camera but it is still not a replacement for a well rounded DSLR like the D750, D810, 5D III

One or two more generations and it might be that but not yet.

Exactly, A7 is a fantastic camera but it is still not a replacement for a well rounded DSLR like the D750, D810, 5D III

But DSLR are hopeless for street photography but A7 is ok for some fast action

DSC01078_1-XL.jpg

DSC01545-XL.jpg

But DSLR are hopeless for street photography but A7 is ok for some fast action

DSC01078_1-XL.jpg

DSC01545-XL.jpg
Didnt you hear what I said ?
I LOVE the A7 (especially the A7s) and it is a VERY good camera for many scenarios, still it is not a well rounded camera like a FF DSLR.
With more lenses and improved AF system and you will see here a DSLR killer but Sony needs to decide to invest in this excellent system.

Most reactions

Back