Nikon to Canon?

If you advance enough in your skills and vision, you won't really give a f**k about the latest or greatest equipment advances.

That's an interesting assertion.

If you're a soldier on a modern battlefield, and you're super amazing... do you think you'd be upset if someone handed you a black powder musket? Or do you think you'd feel confident enough in your skills to take on that guy in the pillbox with the machine gun?

That's sort of an extreme case for illustrative purposes, but the concept is the same. Your skills and abilities are the most important tools you have. No question. However... BETTER tools allow you to go that much further, or get there much more easily.

Are there others out there who are wondering what Nikon is thinking, or not thinking with regards to their frame rates and new bodies? It seems as though there have been a lot of folks looking for a new body with a FPS in that 7-9 range, for quite a long time. Everything coming out is either 5 or 6 FPS. Lets face it, not everyone can or wants to drop $6k-$7k for the D4S. I would love to, however I can not justify it at this time, as I am just starting a business. I am tempted to get the older D300s. What are your thoughts?

You know the "fake chuck" that supposedly "represented" Canon customers' opinions and keep grumbling about Canon's new DSLR? You may be the next "fake chuck" to Nikon.

If you advance enough in your skills and vision, you won't really give a f**k about the latest or greatest equipment advances.

Shooting short RAW bursts on my D7100 (2 - 3 images) at a time of a Football/Rugby/Soccer player running down the field.... I Hit the buffer limit about mid field.

Granted most plays don't go the full field. However, those are the ones where you kick yourself when you didn't get that missed tackle/play. Pushing the button and having nothing happen SUCKS.

Side note... D800 Refurbs (rumored to be new) are $2k right now..
New price drop: refurbished Nikon D800 cameras for $1,999.99 | Nikon Rumors

Ok well it's been a while since I've been stoned as a heretic so here goes.. lol

My d5200 will do 5 fps for a very short burst, with the sandisk extreme pro card I can usually get say 14-16 raw files before she stutters and drops to about 2 fps.

Usually thats good enough for what I do, I've gotten reasonably good at timing my bursts and knowing when to let up.

But if needed I can and have occasionally switched to jpg, and when I do I can fire at 5 fps till the cows come home.

Just something to consider folks, I will await the inquisition. Lol

I love my canon 1DX and have no complaints.

12/FPS is excellent for any type of photography.
14/FPS is crazy fast for sports is Super High Speed.

But the man reason i have my 1dx is my weather sealing, Living in Florida the humidity is very high and i am known to get caught up in a rain storms and i dont have to worry about my 1dx getting hurt from the rain with out any covers on it.

Pay payed for the best so i expect the best out of it.

A quick video i made of the shutter speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there others out there who are wondering what Nikon is thinking, or not thinking with regards to their frame rates and new bodies? It seems as though there have been a lot of folks looking for a new body with a FPS in that 7-9 range, for quite a long time. Everything coming out is either 5 or 6 FPS. Lets face it, not everyone can or wants to drop $6k-$7k for the D4S. I would love to, however I can not justify it at this time, as I am just starting a business. I am tempted to get the older D300s. What are your thoughts?

You know the "fake chuck" that supposedly "represented" Canon customers' opinions and keep grumbling about Canon's new DSLR? You may be the next "fake chuck" to Nikon.

Really Hoss!

Add something beneficial or do not comment.

And sorry, never knew your buddy "chuck".

Most reactions

Back