Nikon <> Sony Lens Adapters

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently I was alerted to adapters between Nikon camera products and Sony E mount camera products. I lost the reference, so I did some searching and this is what I found. I am not sure about availability, quality, etc for these:

Techartpro.com
TZE-01 / TZE-02 (not sure about differences) This appears to be new, and in fact, maybe not available yet. It is the first adapter I have seen between brands of MIRRORLESS cameras.
Price about $250 US
- to attach Sony E lens to Nikon Z body
- autofocus is supported, Samyang / Rokinon lenses are currently NOT supported, manual focus is currently NOT supported (odd -- might be supported later by firmware update)

VILTROX NF-E1 Auto-Focus
Nikon F Lens to Sony E mount body
$268.94
available from Amazon
- this is not that new a product, it mounts an older SLR/DSLR lens to a mirror-less body, which is not really surprising, but if they have fully working autofocus connection, then that is a bit special.

I have been using the Megadap Z21 Z to E mount adapter for quite a while now along with a Sony 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 telephoto, mainly for nature and wildlife. The adapter was $250 and the lens $2k. Both have served me very well. With the most recent firmware update, the function buttons on the lens work and can be programmed. I don't have a Sony body to compare AF speeds, but can say it's much better than the Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6 with FTZ II adapter, and lock is solid.

I use a Monster LA-FE1 to fit Nikon F mount to my Sony E camera and it has been a great success.

Unfortunately the Nikon lens I use witrh it is older and has the 'screw' AF system which is not supported on this adapter but I am fairly sure that the non screw AF Nikon F lenses are fully supported with auto-focus.
I'm currently only using a Nikon AF 70-300mm ED lens, albeit as stated, in manual focus mode.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back