Nikon Transfer

tenlientl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys. Would I need to buy ACDSee Pro if I`m already using

Nikon Transfer
View NX
Capture NX2?

What are ACDSee Pro's advantage over Nikon Transfer/View NX/Capture NX2?

Oh. Also. I'm buying a case/bag tomorrow. My aunt said that I should also prepare for Winter. I live in Canada, Vancouver. She said something about some gel that will help with moisture during winter.. What's she talking about? I couldn't google anything about it.

Last edited:
I'd recommend you download a trial of Adobe Light Room 2 .... It replaces and smokes all three of Nikons garbage software.....

Would Light Room 2 be enough for organizing, all that metadata info stuff, transfering, and minor editing till i decide to get some Photoshop skills?

Would Light Room be able to do D90 RAW right now?

And where does ACDSee Pro fall into this? Is it still worth having?

Would Light Room 2 be enough for organizing, all that metadata info stuff, transfering, and minor editing till i decide to get some Photoshop skills?

Would Light Room be able to do D90 RAW right now?

And where does ACDSee Pro fall into this? Is it still worth having?

question #1 yes... lr2 good for organizing, developing, and editing raw files losslessly.... imo it will most likely handle the bulk of your image processing...

question #2 i dunno if lr2 does d90 nef files yet... you will have to do some googling

questions #3 i'm unfamiliar with the program acdsee... had a quick look at it... looks like the same as Picasa3 (which is free).... you may want to try that first...

silica gel desiccant, those little bags that often come packed with new electronics

Lightroom is certainly slicker than Capture NX and the rest of the Nikon suite, but as for overall utility in working with your RAW files, NX has LR beat. NX, in my humble opinion, simply handles the RAW files better (it should - its written for it), as well as having more "in camera" options than LR. I would get the LR trial and see if the system works for you. If LR had the same camera controls/results as NX, I would use that certainly.

I definitely would not use Camera Raw to import any RAW files into Photoshop.

I have ACD Pro 2.5 and LR 2
ACD $129.95 will handle the files from my D80 they seam to be upgrading for cameras quite regularly. I like the organising of photos better for me it is a little less cumbersome.

That being said Get LR2 the editing is much better and once you get used to the file import you will love it. One negative thing for me is there is no option to delete the files on the card after import so you have to erase it after transfer. There is probably a good reason for this Ijust don't know what it is :oops:
hope this makes sense
Troy

Well. As of now. I tend to save the photos in the memory card till I got the photos I don't need on my computer and then transfer those good photos to an external hard drive.

Once I got two backups of the photos, I delete them off the card.

Most reactions

Back