Nikon Zf-c retro style camera shipping in July

It's not a classic camera. It's Factory 5 cobra replica, with an LS3 motor, modern coil-over suspension, but skinny tires, analog/mechanical gauges in the cluster (retro styling) and a 3-speed manual transmission (control dials).

if you're going to play analogy, try to get it more accurate. The zf is a Z50 with poor ergonomics and controls.
Retro fashion statement, indeed. Enough influencer/fanboy/shill video links, mjcmt. Getting old fast.

Besides, Cobra replicas are just life-size Revell model kits for rich guys. They're not a patch on Shelby originals.

You really have an attitude. I was playing off the response comparing the camera to a '56 Chrysler. And there is nothing wrong w/ a Cobra kit car. Do you ever have anything good to say?
No I don't. I just keep it real.

No one was comparing the '56 Chrysler to a camera -- we were talking about poor user interfaces. The '56 Chrysler was being compared to the rotary gear-selector as poor UI.

I never said there was anything wrong with a cobra kit car.

Everything I'm saying is really good.

Lighten up, it's not an exact copy but a modern take with retro styling. (It doesn't have a film advance lever either.) I also like tactile controls, even in an automobile. (I don't know if you noticed, your FM2 has hands-on tactile controls.)

You don't have to understand it, the Zfc does appeal to many photogs.
Here's direct side by side comparisons:
View attachment 246380View attachment 246381
Just heading out with my fm2n amd fe. They look like the camera I used from 1978 to 1999. It's loaded with velvia and works fine. See that square on the back, it's NOT an lcd. Mine only displays portra 400 and tmax 3200.

I love mine! I've been wanting Nikon to produce such camera. Had mine for a week.
MyNikonZFC.JPG

PXL_20210812_193350316.PORTRAIT_01.jpg

Well still don't get why they don't have DX lenses. How can a pre order product get sold out? That is kind of funny. I don't get the whole thing.
Its EASY..... they expected sales in a certain range, then they sold MORE then that as pre ordered items.

It means,,,, typically.... a pre order item.... is an item that is only built to what is sold.

IE if they pre order 100 units,,, thats all they build.

It does apply some modern concepts in ISO control to the main dial...

However the lack of lenses just really kills it.

It does apply some modern concepts in ISO control to the main dial...

However the lack of lenses just really kills it.
How does this thing have any shortage of lenses?

How does this thing have any shortage of lenses?
Oh simple one, if your reading comprehension was up to snuff, and you had read those links earlier, you would notice that the camera comes with one of TWO lenses.. And the articles make great note of needing to spend a few hundred dollars, 400$ i believe to get the adapter ring to use anything else.

Its quite like getting your tires installed on a new set of rims, and being told "we dont put air in them"

Oh simple one, if your reading comprehension was up to snuff, and you had read those links earlier, you would notice that the camera comes with one of TWO lenses.. And the articles make great note of needing to spend a few hundred dollars, 400$ i believe to get the adapter ring to use anything else.

Its quite like getting your tires installed on a new set of rims, and being told "we dont put air in them"

So by your own admission, you know that the ZF-c can mount every F-mount lens Nikon has ever made on it...

Not to mention Nikon currently offers 20 Z-mount lenses for this camera alone, btw.

But you really got me!!

I like the idea and design visually but that's all .. thanks .... I don't like the ergonomics and usage ... those external dials are just past .. I have x100f and I hate to work with that (and especially in bad light when you don't see on it) .. I love traditional Nikon's front and back dials which you use seamlessly with two fingers with your camera stuck to your eye ..

I've tested (had an opportunity to shoot with) several different brands (fuji, sony, panasonic) and I still find myself the most happy with proven and good-old nikon D****/Z**** cameras ergonomics ..

I like the idea and design visually but that's all .. thanks .... I don't like the ergonomics and usage ... those external dials are just past .. I have x100f and I hate to work with that (and especially in bad light when you don't see on it) .. I love traditional Nikon's front and back dials which you use seamlessly with two fingers with your camera stuck to your eye ..

I've tested (had an opportunity to shoot with) several different brands (fuji, sony, panasonic) and I still find myself the most happy with proven and good-old nikon D****/Z**** cameras ergonomics ..
yeah its like soooooo much harder then some would think. turn a dial adjust the iso,,, and not have to leap frog 4 menus.... sheesh some people

yeah its like soooooo much harder then some would think. turn a dial adjust the iso,,, and not have to leap frog 4 menus.... sheesh some peopleo_O
o_O I don't need to access the menu to change the ISO on any of my Nikon cameras .. I have usually mapped a fn button+dial to change the ISO or I use on newer cameras an "easy iso" feature which allows you to change the ISO with "idle" dial directly while shooting in A or S mode .. And it's not only ISO .. I use a lot an exposure +/- correction tool, these cameras have it on dedicated dial that is at the top, it is just stupid .. I just prefer to use a two Nikon dials (or one with Canon and lower Nikon tiers) with modifying buttons for everything rather than 5 separate elements on the camera that look just cool but the ergonomics is not so cool

yeah its like soooooo much harder then some would think. turn a dial adjust the iso,,, and not have to leap frog 4 menus.... sheesh some people

You're doing it wrong.

Reactions: ntz
You're doing it wrong.
yeah following the user manual is SOOOOOO wrong...

Sheesh let me guess your the "big man" who laughs at "remove wrapper before cooking" and wonders why the plastic wrap and cardboard tray on his frozen pizza set the oven on fire.

Or wonders why the firemen are laughing at him..

• Sad
Reactions: ntz
yeah following the user manual is SOOOOOO wrong...

Sheesh let me guess your the "big man" who laughs at "remove wrapper before cooking" and wonders why the plastic wrap and cardboard tray on his frozen pizza set the oven on fire.

Or wonders why the firemen are laughing at him..
could you please remain more "civil" with your blathering ? We've already learned that handling the Nikon is too complicated for you and that you prefer other cameras that are (also, beyond other stuff) *****proof thanks to the dedicated dial for an ISO ... yeah, it's OK, it's great that you have camera that suits you, now go along and live in peace ... thx

Most reactions

New Topics

Back