noob here

rickp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hows it going guys... i have just picked up my 1st DSLR (a Nikon D60), in fact it is my 1st SLR ever.
im hoping to learn a lot from this forum, and ill post up some pics as soon as the battery is charged!

dont worry, i know not to use the auto function.

my first setting will be to set the iso to either 100 or 200, and experiment with aperture settings and shutter speeds.

im mostly interested in taking landscapes (during my travels) and also a lot of close ups of interesting and out of normal things that i may come across.

dont worry, i know not to use the auto function.

Who cares what mode you take it in? There's no shame in using auto as long as your photo turns out the way you intended.

And the ISO setting is going to be dependent upon your shooting conditions. If you always keep it at 100-200, you're going to end up with some very long shutter times in medium to low light. The ISO performance on your camera is pretty good up to about 800. Going past that produces some noticeable noise that you'll obviously want to avoid. I had that as my first DSLR and it's a great camera to learn on.

Welcome to the forums though, and I look forward to seeing some of your work. :D

G'Day Sherman. I did my research and the nikon looked to be the pick of the bunch. i love the frrl of it in my hand... its kind of hard to put it down LOL. I understand that the iso settings will need to be light dependant, however i am not quite ready to start shooting in low light situatons.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back