Noob question

dEARlEADER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I noticed my D60 was rated for 50,000 shots... the D80 80,000 shots....

I'm just wondering what happens afterwards..... does the camera like ..... blow up?

Its just a mean time statistic. It could fail sooner, later, never, etc. Some say its a marketing ploy. Unless you take over 1,000 shots a month I'm sure you're fine.

IF the shutter goes the warranty could cover it and if not its around 200 bucks to fix.

does the shutter performance get worse as it gets older or does it just fail?

You would notice it starting to fail. Wouldn't open, stay open, Log how it performs brand new. Before the warranty is up do a comparison and see if its performing very different. When I got my rebel I took 8,000 shots randomly to get burst speeds, learn exposures, etc. Now that I'm comfortable I take maybe 100 shots per day. some random some purpose

Even now if I took 1000 shots a month i'd be good for 3.5 years. YOu're doing what I still do!!

Read posts of people read articles and than get paranoid. Just realize warranties are wonderful and just shoot away without regret. Maybe use single shot instead of multi shot..

ya.... i've been bursting quite a bit... maybe i'll cut that down....

i find bursting is great for people snapshots.... and especially babies...

most likely get a new body in a few years anyways...

In my opinion everything you are doing is probably what most people do when they get the new camera. What i've done though is switch to single shot mode because its in a way kinda like using Film. Its forcing me to be more patient with my shots. Instead of being trigger happy i'll take an extra 30 seconds and adjust exposure, aperture, etc. Its paying off for me because I'm getting better results now. you're camera out of the box with auto setting will take some of th e best shots you're used to but once you got the settings right you'll start drooling.

Beat the crap out of your camera!!! Benefit of digital is what would cost you 1300 bucks worth of film is basically free.

By the time that you wear it out, you'll be ready for something bigger, better, faster, anyway. :lmao:

I absolutely agree with asfixiate: Digital images are almost free, so shoot as many as you want. It's the equipment and your time that are valuable.

Most reactions

Back