Noob.....

greenhaze113

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have allways taken pictures as a hobby and allways had the dream of it one day being my career. If have heard alot of people tell me that I need to have a license before I can do anything. Is this true?

You don't need a license to take photos...but you may need one to start/run a business. And you have to pay tax on the money you bring in.

Check with your local city or county government. They should have some info on starting your own business. If you dig around, there are probably a lot of resources to help you get started. Talking to an accountant would probably be a good idea as well.

Most towns and cities require a business license of some sort if you are selling your work.

The specific requirements vary from town to town , county to county, and state to state, so few here can give you specific information.

In my town, running a business out of your home in strictly, not allowed. A business license is not required but the town derives income from property taxes on your place of business.

Your best bet is to visit the City or County Clerks office to get good information and not urban legend from "a lot of people."

Most reactions

Back