north american international auto show pictures

tron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so theres like a million auto show threads but hey i guess one more wont hurt. the place had super funky lighting, so a lot of these didnt turn out.

all shot with my nikon d40, sb600 speedlight, some with polarizing filter, some with nd4 filters, etc.

lmk what you think!

DSC_0004_edit.jpg

DSC_0027_edit.jpg

DSC_0029_edit.jpg

DSC_0035_EDIT.jpg

DSC_0059_edit.jpg

DSC_0054_edit.jpg

DSC_0052_edit.jpg

DSC_0071_edit.jpg

DSC_0073_edit.jpg

DSC_0007_edit.jpg

DSC_0011_edit.jpg

DSC_0014_edit.jpg

DSC_0017_edit.jpg

DSC_0023_edit.jpg

DSC_0026_edit.jpg

DSC_0042_edit.jpg

DSC_0044_edit.jpg

DSC_0046_edit.jpg

DSC_0049_edit.jpg

DSC_0065_edit.jpg

DSC_0105_edit.jpg

DSC_0117_edit.jpg

DSC_0075_edit.jpg

DSC_0077_edit.jpg

DSC_0080_edit.jpg

DSC_0081_edit.jpg

DSC_0082_edit.jpg

DSC_0094_edit.jpg

DSC_0095_edit.jpg

DSC_0100_edit.jpg

DSC_0103_edit.jpg

DSC_0130_edit.jpg

DSC_0131_edit.jpg

Oh my God. So many photos!
They load and load and the post becomes neverending!
How are we supposed to comment?

And here I am ... the TPF poster who's the most uninterested in car photography of ALL ... cars really don't mean A THING to me (like babies or flowers don't mean A THING to others, probably to those who LOVE cars and car photography - that's the nice diversity of our world!).

But the first photo loaded first, right beneath your saying how "funky" the light was, and there I was, thinking what cool light they had, and how it makes the photos look all weird and "cartoon-ised" and all. And THAT aspect I do find interesting.

And doesn't the new E-class look good on the Mercedes?

If you had numbered your vast amount of pics, I could say which if the three Mercedes E-Class photos I like best, but like this... sorry. Can't say.

hey thanks for replying! and im sorry, i should have stated that im really not looking for tons of critiques on these pics, i just wanted to share a little piece of detroit. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Wow.. What eye candy... The Benz AMG is badass!! I'm not crazy about the sophomoric spoiler, though.. I like the wings on cars like the Porsche 911 that only come up at speed and actually serve a function.

And that Mustang on its side with the shaker hood is something to behold.. What was the purpose of that? To show something revoolutionary on the undercarriage?

I thought the 2-seater Benz prototype car looked stupid-like a Batmobile..

Then you have the red Audi that is absolutely stunning!

Of course the Bentleys are to die for, and then the light rings around the headlights of the Chevy were pretty cool..

I like you choices of when to use B&W, and thought your downward shot of the front of the Murcielago was very creative, and the BW conversion made the shot.. That is a Murcielago, right?

All in all, very nice choices of composition and lighting. Looks like pictures you'd see in a car magazine.

hey thanks a lot for the kind words! i know theres a lot of pictures, i hope that doesnt turn too many people away from posting haha.

the mustang was just on its side because people hate it so much they nearly flipped the damn thing :lol:

i agree on the convertible mercedes batmobile thing. i mean face it youd either look like an idiot wearing a helmet wearing a helmet around town or youd be eating bugs on the highway!

thanks again for the kind words sinner, i do believe you are right that it is a mercialago :) it was very hard to get pics there because of all the people! i shot most of these at 18mm. cant get in my way when im 4 feet from the car ;)

What would really help the people here is to go back and number your pictures so that they can comment on the individually, even though you weren't looking for C&C..

I am jealous! I have loved cars since I was a kid and would love to get the chance to go to a real car show. The Austin show is just the local dealers bringing the cars, so we get no concept cars and Porsche or Lotus is as exotic as they get here.

All in all, I think it is a good series, understanding it is hard to not get people in the background and the lighting challenges. Well done.

I think the b&w of the Lambo (it's a Gallardo btw) is awesome! Best of the bunch by far and would make a great poster.

Most reactions

Back