North German Countryside (4) - the mill, the swamp + fields

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just some pics of the mill on the river, another of my most favourite subjects to take photos of, of the swamp and of some fields (to once more show you the flatness round here):

NorthGermanCountrysideForTyson_03.jpg

NorthGermanCountrysideForTyson_01.jpg

Mill from the street in 1 and from the other side - reflection only - in 2

NorthGermanCountrysideForTyson_02.jpg

Pietzmoor

NorthGermanCountrysideForTyson_04.jpg

Lauenbrücker Moor

NorthGermanCountrysideForTyson_07.jpg

Young corn (maize)

I hope these photos show you want you wanted to see, Tyson, when you asked me for some photos of the countryside surrounding me in your PM. Keep in mind that the south looks totally different, and so does the west or the east ... not all parts are like this.

well, it appears to be all for Tyson ... still I had a look :p

Seems you did show us images of that mill already?

Thanks, you two, and yes, some have been out here before, I think, plus that mill will feature in my photos more often in the future, too, I'm afraid ;).

And hey, it's ok to come and look, even for those who are not Tyson (it's only that he asked me particularly for some photos of the area around me).

I had asked her for a few pictures of Germany, my family has a very strong German back ground. 1890 + or - a year or two, my family came to the US. The stayed in a community made up of all German immigrants. The blood line was not broke until my great grandmother on my dads side married an English man. My mom was 100% German. We have copies of the boat tickets and every thing. Also both of my Grandfathers fought in in WW2 one was a pilot on a bomber and the of a tank driver.

Great pictures I love them.

You I can almost smell the country air in that last one, someone said that if a picture strikes up emotion it is a success. I think #5 does it for me.

Well, I am happy I could show you some.
Now it much depends on where your family came from, for if they are from the south, things look much different there!

Maybe they came from Westfalia? then I could help out with some images :D

Is this road one that runs parallel to a railway line? Looks like it.
There is a railway line running through my place here (which is not my home town, I originate from Northrhine-Westphalia, too, just like Alex_B, but only now live in Lower-Saxony), the main railway line from Bremen to Hamburg, and I love to go rollerblading on the road right next to it. There SHOULD be a photo of that road somewhere, too, or more than one (as always! :shock: ) ??? Hang on. I'll find it for you.

Corinna, you need to stop posting these threads! They're gorgeous, and thank you for contributing to my love for reflections! :) I really really like numbers 3 and 4. Stunning.

Awesome, I also love the water reflections.

Lovely to see your area of the world, Corinna. I especially like #5, and there's something about the light and colour of #2 (and 4 also) that really jumps out at me.

Most reactions

Back