Not in the picture...

Sue5606

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How am I supposed to have a good avatar picture when no one ever photographs the photographer?? I am always the photographer at family functions and it's starting to look like I don't exist. I guess I'm going to have to start getting proficient at self portraits!
Sue

I know of a few photographers who are at the "early" stages of their business and frequently hook up together to photograph each other as practice for something new they are trying (Lighting techniques, new equipment, some locations they want to try out before going with a client.. whatever the reason) Also gives them the client's perspective of being shot which can never hurt. Find someone local at your experience level (Or better) who might be up for this. Good way to learn new tricks they might have as well that you never thought of as well as getting yourself into some pictures for your avatar.

Timer or remote. It's how many of us take pics of ourselves.

This was shot with a remote, playing with a one light set up the other night. Takes a few tries to get focus nailed on the eyes sometimes, lol. Good practice though.

View attachment 26892

Don't make the same mistake I did and post a full frontal nudity shot of myself as an avatar photo.

I have no problem with the lack of self portraits.

that said a few months ago was my thinnest days in my life. I took a few photos of myself then and I think I am done for the rest of my life.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back