Not so mellow yellow....

photo gal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
Website
www.lulu.com
Is the glass vase in the first pic too distracting???

last%20leg%20yellow%20gerber%20copy.jpg

Is the close up too close up???

medium.jpg

These are my dying gerbers and I can't seem to let them go peacefully!!!

photo gal said:
Is the glass vase in the first pic too distracting??? (...)
Is the close up too close up??? (...)
These are my dying gerbers and I can't seem to let them go peacefully!!!

1. I'm afraid so. Yes.
2. No.
3. Awwww... :(

You honour them very, very well with these photos!
If you still have time, try to reshoot the first without the glass.

This third effort's not bad. I like the angle. But the softest, prettiest light is the top one, with the distracting vase. I really like the angle of the flower in that one best, too.

Keep trying, none of them are bad! :D

ok, i'm always the weird one...but i like the first one..alot... dig the fact that the vase looks like it says "essentials." i think it makes a point.( not sure if thats what it really says..but it looks like it to me..).. and not all flowers bloom up...and with the vase sideways..it adds a flair that sends your eyes scanning aorund..not just focuse on the flower....and the long curly cue is cool...

of course, i could be way out there..and usually i am... but photo gal...i like them all!

aprilraven said:
ok, i'm always the weird one...but i like the first one..alot... dig the fact that the vase looks like it says "essentials." i think it makes a point.( not sure if thats what it really says..but it looks like it to me..).. and not all flowers bloom up...and with the vase sideways..it adds a flair that sends your eyes scanning aorund..not just focuse on the flower....and the long curly cue is cool...

of course, i could be way out there..and usually i am... but photo gal...i like them all!

Thank you aprilraven!! It's funny but I like the first one for all the reasons you stated, lol and it actually does say "essentials"!! My boyfriend thought it was distracting and so it made me question it even though it wasn't distracting for me! Oh well we all see things differently! ;)

Thanks for your imput LaFoto and Terri I appreciate it and here is my final attempt for these poor flowers are attracting fruit flies or whatever flying insects they might be!!!

056.jpg

Have a happy day!!

So you got there in the end! Cool!

While I do see why you loved the first of this whole series best, I still find the vase distracting, for in all the other photos I like this sort of "ikebana-simplicity", giving the flower all the room and all the focus, framing it only by some of the ... what do you call them again? ... those thin, curly leaves, you know? And with all your attempts at re-shoots, I now LOVE the "lamp-shade b+w" and the one with the crimson background. That one fascinates me to no end with its lighting from the left which illuminates all the tiny, furry hairs on the stem. That one is best.

You did honour your gerber MUCH!

Gosh LaFoto I don't know what to call the curly leaves, I do love the look of them though!! Thank you very much for your comments, they made me keep at it! and I was quite happy with the final outcome! And if you don't mind I shall name that b/w one "lampshade"!! Thanks again LaFoto!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back