Not sure about this

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I learned a new high contrast technique that I really like, but I'm not sure if it works here or not. My intent was to show the building in the center with all it's surroundings to sort of give an idea of the transition of time on a city. Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

IMG_3592.jpg

One more to add, same effect done, tried out a new frame...I like this one better of the two.

IMG_1408-copy.jpg

This is an interesting technique, similar to one I have been reading about I believe. IMO the technique worked very well on #2, however in #1 I am not crazy about the color of the captial dome blending so much with the clouds. It is difficult to tell but it appears the technique may have increased that look.

Nice work again...as always.

I think the opposite... I like it better on the first one... although I do agree with the cloud deal... I like how it effects the building in the middle. I may have done a longer exposure on the first one to blur the cars, i think they draw from the main subject alittle. if there where just a tad more seperation between the top of the building and sky, that would be good. keep playing with it. they look good.
so, howd you go about creating this affect? Just in Photoshop image controls?

I also would be interested in the method, theree are many ways to achieve this result in Photoshop. I agree with the comments regarding the dome and sky, but the thing that keeps catching my eye, is the leaning Pole. Ernie

Thanks for the feedback so far :) I agree about the dome blending, and the pole leaning...I would have blurred the cars, but I had left my tripod behind.

As for the photoshop effect, it's an action that's created by using two gradient radial layers, saturation increased strongly, along with the contrast given a boost. The action is called the "lomo effect" standing for lomography effect.

I like them both, #2 works better for me. The dome/sky being washed out a little, takes away from #1.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back