All were taken at:
Exposure: (1/200)
Aperture: f/3.2
ISO Speed: 200
Focal Length: 60 mm
Handheld
Natural Overcast light.
Patience

I might try using flash at night and see how that works.
I fear it will really light up particulate matter in the water though.

brilliant! #3 is my fav. they look like there computer rendered..cool look!

As long as you didn't stick him in a freezer before you shot him, these are great ;)

Crazy cool! I love the composition on#2 and his face on #2 looks very intimidating. Awesome work! They all look crystal clear/sharp yet dreamy at the same time.

Oh and I forgot to add

I C WUT U DID TH3R!

(koi .. har har har..)

it's a little underexposed near the eyes. about 1/100 would have been good.

These are all shot from slightly above, were these in a Koi pond or a tank? Again really cool shots.

How does a Jeweler know what particulate matter means! lol, I figured it out from reading the context it was being used in. But I double checked with my friend Google to be sure!

it's a little underexposed near the eyes. about 1/100 would have been good.

1/100th was not good. Both me and the fish are moving. I started at 1/125, and they are all blurry.

As far as under exposure near the eyes...you have to realize how reflective the Koi's "forehead" is. If the eyes were brighter, the forehead would be blown.

Ryan, yes, these are shot from varying degrees of "slightly" above my backyard pond. You can really see I was at a low angle for #3, as the water distortion is rather apparent.

The particulate matter...one of the pumps is down and needs replaced. Usually by mid June the pond is gin clear. We normally filter over 600 gallons per hour, which is less than half the ponds volume. At that rate, filters need cleaned daily, sometimes twice. I hate particulate matter.

Most reactions

Back