nyc on the hudson river

rbastic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey everyone. well im a beginner and you will be able to tell lol. ive been wanting to get into photography for a couple of yrs now and now that im deployed over in afghanistan i have time to check it out. bought a kodak easyshare c360 lots of advanced features, that im not used to heres some pics i took while i was home can u give me some pointers thanks
103_02572.jpg

103_0297.jpg

103_0309.jpg

103B0282.jpg

thanks for viewing

Very nice (but saddening pics) from the post Twin Towers era... my only suggestion would be for the night shots... a tripod and using the shutter release timer function... that will help with the blurry pics...

A tripod will help..Unless you're on a boat... ;) These are nice photos, but as has been said already, for night shots (and slow shutter speeds) the camera has to be perfectly still...that'll eliminate all of the blur.

Another suggestion (Unless you just 'want' it) is to remove the date function. Another way to date them would be to put a border around the photo and put the date in there...

thansk for the comments but ?????shutter speed???? pretty new to photography can u elaborate. thanks

Shutter speed is just how long the shutter is open to expose the film/sensor. Night shots are dark, so to get a good exposure, the shutter has to be open longer to get more light, basically. The longer it's open, the more likely it is the camera will move during the exposure unless it's on a tripod on a solid surface...if you're in a boat that's moving, it'll be almost impossible to get a crips night shot which, again, requires the longer shutter speed.

Hope this helps...

Most reactions

Back