NYC Panorama!

ucfjag

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a panorama I took today from the top of Rockefeller Center! I used Microsoft's new Image Composite Editor and it worked AMAZINGLY well. You guys should really check it out! There's no size limit for the finished photos as well. Sorry for the small size. Photobucket is not letting me change my size settings at the moment for some reason...

NYC516_stitch.jpg

-Paul

Very cool pano, nice clarity too.

Love it! I was just wondering if something could be done obout the glass barrier in the lower corners, seems a little distracting. I've never been to the top of the rock so I guess what i'm saying is there a way to get closer to the edge and still capture the same shot?

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure if I could have gotten the pictures without the barrier. I actually kind of like it because it shows where it was taken from.

-Paul

Love it! I was just wondering if something could be done obout the glass barrier in the lower corners, seems a little distracting. I've never been to the top of the rock so I guess what i'm saying is there a way to get closer to the edge and still capture the same shot?

He would have to be quick, because he would have to jump to get closer...:mrgreen:

I was there the day before the OP taking photos from the same location. It is one of the most awesome places to shoot from if you like city vistas, better than the Empire State Building.

I like his pano, I think he did a nice job.

Questions-
Were the shots taken in landscape or portrait style?
What lens were you using?

He would have to be quick, because he would have to jump to get closer...:mrgreen:

I was there the day before the OP taking photos from the same location. It is one of the most awesome places to shoot from if you like city vistas, better than the Empire State Building.

Questions-

Thanks! They were taken in landscape with my kit 18-55mm lens. To take the shot I just set the camera on the concrete wall and panned and took 7 pictures, left to right. I was very happy with the results I got from the Microsoft stitching program. I have yet to see a mistake or stitching error. Do you guys see any? And I agree. I liked this more than the Empire State building because the lines were shorter, the elevator ride was awesome, and the view was 10x better!

-Paul

UCFjag

Putting your camera on the concrete edge was a good idea. I am not sure what time of day you were there, the day before I was there at 10am. The sky was mostly very sunny/blue. The clouds do help alot.

The elevator ride was pretty cool... damn fast too! :mrgreen:

I took some vertical, handheld panos. When I decide which pano program to use, I will see how they came out. I tried to be very steady and used the horizon as my reference.

Was it windy up there the day you were there?

Great pano. I don't see any stitching errors ether. I was going to mention the barrier too but then realized it is probably closer than it looks and you're probably as close to it as you can get.

@PB It was relatively windy, not too bad though.

@Supra I was very surprised by the quality of the stitching software.

@Supra Actually I was one level up from the barriers, but I really couldn't avoid them.

-Paul

Questions-

Thats funny:lol: I didn't realize it's that close to the edge. I've only ever been on top of the Empire State Building, really need to take a day trip up to the city. OP or pbelarge, how are the views looking north towards central park?

Most reactions

Back