Nyla workin..

gravy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
did some portfolio stuff for Nyla the other day... makeup was done by my lady.

Critique if you like. Comments are welcome of course.

:blushing:

4210025873_3f5974c847_o.jpg

looks good, but her right cheek seems over exposed.

I think that might have been part of the vision.

i agree with peekay. it seems that the flash was a bit strong, and based on the catchlights, it came from dead on. the catchlights don't do her eyes any favors IMO.
i also wouldnt be opposed to seeing it with some backlighting to pop her off the background.

did you play with any other crops too?...maybe a cool cinema crop that focuses on her face from chin to forehead or something funky.

also...and this might be a bit nitpicky...but for a portfolio shot, i think i would clean up the stray hairs. they picked up a lot of light, and draw attention.

<snip> it seems that the flash was a bit strong, and based on the catchlights, it came from dead on. the catchlights don't do her eyes any favors IMO....<snip>.
Possibly, but I'm thinking the catchlights were mimicked (photochopped) and it was a two light setup..... possibly a built-in flash. Camera left at ~45° and camera right level with the profile and slightly behind. Both are too hot IMO. Camera left has blown detail and texture of her ear, cheek and throat. Camera right has a line from eyebrow down to (level with) the top of the ear and again lost detail of the ear. I agree that a kicker light would benefit for separation from the background. Also agree about the stray hairs.

I like the varying styles of eye makeup, but do not believe the green on her right eye is the proper color, as nothing else is in that hue... not even her irises.

Gorgeuos model BTW and I would think another go at it is good bet.

haha. no need to photoshop catchlights.

lighting setup was:

key - AB800/shoot through cam left @ 45
fill - ABR800 on camera
rim - SB800 cam right behind model @ 45

I appreciate the comments and critique. I actually did intend for the lights to be quite hot, and there is most definitely still detail on the cheek, ear, and neck. I do like the idea of the cinema crop, so thanks for that!

If your intent was to get the complexion the way the face is, no problem, quite interesting.

The problem is, IMO, her chest shows lots of real skin texture and color and is a little discordant in comparison with the face.

Lew

Most reactions

New Topics

Back