Odd Request

wil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recieved a sort of odd request today. A women lost her child when she was 18 months old, today she would have been 20. The woman wanted me to make a digital rendering of what she would have looked like today. I know law inforcement agencies have programs to do that with missing kids. My question to the board, is there a program that the generial public can get or is there a member here that can do it. Is there a plug-in for PS CS2 available?

I've seen this sort of request here on the forum before and i don't think the question could be fully answered then either...

i don't think there is a plug-in as such, i think it would all have to be done by eye, adding wrinkles etc yourself.

here is a link to a tutorial i found

but i think it would be a real struggle trying to make an 18 month old baby 19 years older. facial features may not have really started to develop on a child that age and they would probibly look completely different

tough job, Good luck though

I don't think there is an actual program to do it either, because there are simply too many variables.

I also have to agree with John here that it would be incredibly difficult to age an 18month baby. That would be impossible. You can hardly tell the difference between boy and girl 18 month year old babies, so the facial features just haven't developed yet.

Although it is a very sad story, i'd just have to say - too hard, too many environmental factors. But good luck.
oh and btw, it's a lot easier to make people look younger in PS than it is to make them look older.

Thanks for the Link and the replys. I guess if I thought about it I would have figured 18 months was too young.

Dosn't the FBI or some other organinzation use a program for missing an exploited children, or do they use the method simular to the one in the link?

I really really doubt they use the method in that tutorial. Even though it's good - it's totally subjective... and the creator can literally create whatever they want the person to look like.

I'm sure the FBI has invested a few million dollars into developping some sort of software - but could just be some person sitting there with old family photos of not only the missing person, but their parents and siblings aswell. That can show you how someone's gonna look when they're older too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back