fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What's this I see??

The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum Statistics
Threads: 18,570, Posts: 183,691, Members: 4,143
Welcome to our newest member, LaFoto'sSister

Welcome to your sister :)

If only she'd post! Took me ages to get her this far...

Now that's cute!! aw, she sounds shy.... ;)

Welcome to LaFoto's sister! C'mon out and play with us! :D Let us call you something other than "Lafoto's sister" too! :mrgreen:

I am not shy :) . I am very busy all the time, but not shy.

Now:

Hallo boys and girls!
Thank you very much for your nice, welcoming words.

So there is not need for you to guess who I am?

Well, my sister has got on my nerves for months - or rather, ever since she joined this forum - to register, too. OK, here I am.

I learned to take photos from my grandfather, father and uncle and started taking photos at 8 with a Kodak Instamatic. I got my first good camera 7 years later as a present (Rollei 35). I have been taking photos ever since - and I haven't switched to digital to this day.

I have taken about 100.000 pictures by now, so I may send in one or the other picture. Maybe I start tonight.

Call me Christiane, if you like. That is my name.

Welcome to TPF, Christiane. As you can see we are all delighted that you are here!

And....she uses film AND a Rollei 35! :cheer:

Hope to see some of your work soon! :)

I used that little camera from 1973 until I had the chance to get my hands on my father's Leicas (M2 and M5). In 1999 I bought myself a Canon EOS 500N (SLR) and am still using it, and I wanted to have that for a trip to USA so I would not have to change lenses or look too much at the manual settings. Now I mostly use the Canon and the Leicas only on occasion.

Ah, how nice. A welcome thread for my sister :D.

Alison, you've changed... (your name) ;).

Thanks for starting this. I hope it'll make her want to stay. She says she's not shy, but I think she's "computer shy". It is true, through her job she is very busy, indeed, and much preoccupied with other things, but I've always thought that she belonged here, too!

(Hörst du mich: du musst einfach auch deine Fotos hier zeigen!)

That was me talking to my sister in our language ;).

She has taught me so much. Actually, she claims that it was SHE who taught me photography at all, but I do remember the odd hint that also my father gave to ME, not only to her (so she could relay it to me, that is). But she has certainly taken a much greater variety of photos than I have, though never doing anything like studio techniques or so. With both of us, it's mostly about "seeing" - "composing" - "taking".

Plus she's still purely into film (while I've become a 'lukewarm convert' in the past couple of weeks, what with my new Canon Powershot) and absolutely and totally without post processing software and skills. She finds even scanning and storing a challenge :lmao: (sorry, Schwester! :greenpbl: )

Welcome officially, Christiane ! I believe this is our first sister pair on TPF :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back