OK, so I missed a day

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
But I was taking photos. Here are a few recent captures.

A new creature I found at Lyndeshore.
lynde20064209787copy.jpg

An old favourite
lynde20064209821copy.jpg

And then these guys showed up. Not sure what they are. Ray? Canoncan?
lynde20064209820copy.jpg

lynde20064209817copy.jpg

lynde20064209815copy.jpg

lynde20064209813copy.jpg

Thats all for now,

Eric

Excellent shots as always eric. I think I saw the same rabbit last week...he popped out of no where and nearly had a heart attack!

Would they maybe called cowbirds because they land on cows' backs and pick the parasites of their skin? Maybe? Would these do that?
Your photos always are so sharp, so crystal-clear, I wonder how you do that? Is it your lens, your steady hand, your "eye" for the right light (but they are this in almost every light... :scratch: ), what is your secret, I wonder?

LaFoto said:
Would they maybe called cowbirds because they land on cows' backs and pick the parasites of their skin? Maybe? Would these do that?
Your photos always are so sharp, so crystal-clear, I wonder how you do that? Is it your lens, your steady hand, your "eye" for the right light (but they are this in almost every light... :scratch: ), what is your secret, I wonder?

here is my take on why Airic is so dang good.

1. 3rd generation photog... father and grandfather were great photogs

2. Awesome eye.. framing and keen sight of what looks good in 2 dimesions

3. Skill with the camera.. knowing which settings under specific conditions to control exposure, and image detail as best possible.

4. Extrodinary focusing ability.. even though he uses auto focus, as do I, he know the best ways to get that lens to pick out the right contrast and get clear focus.. a truely developed skill.

there is so much more.. maybe Airic with tell you some secrets, so we can all learn!!

PS skills maybe?

That all sounds like a very good explanation.
And it shows me that I still have to learn SOOOO much!
All I ever do (photographywise) falls into the category of "Try and Error". It would be nice to be actually KNOWING what I am doing, though :scratch:

Eric,
As always, great captures. That said, I'm not a fan of Cowbirds.
The female cowbird lays it's eggs one at a time in the nests of smaller songbirds. When the cowbird hatches it grows quicker and eats more
at the expense of the other young birds. The host parents have all they can do to feed the cowbird.

Bill

Aren't those the cuckoos?

LaFoto said:
That all sounds like a very good explanation.
And it shows me that I still have to learn SOOOO much!
All I ever do (photographywise) falls into the category of "Try and Error". It would be nice to be actually KNOWING what I am doing, though :scratch:

Ditto LaFoto! LoL
I see such awesome pix as these, and I am
humbled in knowing I have so much more to learn!
But the process is fun!
Great pictures Airic!:thumbup:

LaFoto said:

The equipment helps a little as you need sharp glass but all I know is I eat breathe and sleep photography. I have never taken a photo course and all I have learned has been handed down from my father or self taught. I have never been obsessed with the latest and greatest equipment and rarely pay attentions to all the new stuff that comes out. I feel my shooting for the most part comes naturally and I'm a real keep it simple kind of person. The past few years I feel like I look at everything through a camera lens, if I'm driving, have dinner with a friend or at work I often think that would make a good photo, or how would I shoot that if I had to. Although I do some professional work for aviation magazines and calendars I have always tried to keep photography as hobby to maintain the joy I get out of it.

Eric

:hertz: Yes, I'd noticed the missed day! But it was worth the wait...great pics of the bunny and birds. It was also great to read the hints/philosophy ...both very helpful.

Most reactions

Back