ok so if i calibrate my monitor to adobe rgb and cs3 and my camera will it fix my....

I used my Spyder2 Express to calibrate both my laptop screen and my Dell Ultrasharp and it just doesn't look as good on my laptop for some reason. I think the problem when you get into calibrating a laptop is the brightness. You would probably have to turn off all your power saving functions such as screen dimming for it to look right all the time.

As far as getting prints, I order from yorkphoto.com and mpix.com. Right after I calibrated my monitor I noticed a dramatic color difference in York's prints whereas mpix was dead-on. Turns out York did color correction that I did not want them to do. But prints can be had pretty cheaply and they should match up very nicely if you have a calibrated monitor.

I use a dual screen display, with a CRT monitor as my main and a LCD monitor as my secondary.
Nothing I do will get the colour to match haha. The LCD just has deeper colours.
I trust my CRT alot more than my LCD.
As far as I'm aware, my CRT is calibrated correctly and the images from camera > monitior > printer match aswell as I can manage :)

You can buy a spyder pro that will allow you to calibrate and use 2 monitors. my Spyder2 will only allow me to use one profile.

Most reactions

Back