Old lens

Helek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!
I have a 2 Carl Zeiss Jena lens. Biotar 1.4/50 and Sonnar 4/135. I want use this lens to my Canon 100D, but i don't know what this lens have type of mount. Can you tell me this?
14455849_942482325861797_888683981_o.jpg

Try google.

They are 16mm cine lenses, so they will not cover an APS-C sensor without considerable vignetting. Also the register distance from the back of the lens to the sensor is too short to be used with a DSLR, (fitted properly they'll break the mirror).

I think they are Pentaflex mount lenses, which is a movie mount with a rear flange distance of 44 mm (rather long for a 16mm cine lens, actually the same as Canons EF mount).
Adapters are available for mirrorless cameras (e.g. Pentaflex 16mm lens to micro 4/3 MFT m43 Blackmagic pocket ciecio7 C7 adapter - hideously expensive IMO), but there's not room for one on DSLRs. They look like they protrude a long way into the camera, so mirror fouling is probably still an issue. It MIGHT be possible to use them with the flange held against you camera body, if you flip the mirror up first. I wouldn't want to risk it.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back