Old Montreal

oooookay in the future i'll just let you do the edits and i'll stay in the ignorance of what USM and such are :D

...f'ya happen to drop by our woods, gimme the wil' caribou scream [/canadian accent]

LaFoto said:
I am reading Kathy Reich's "Déjà Dead" right now, and now I even get to see some of the place where that crime story is set. Very good. Could you show me any more, maybe?
...i didn't read the book... in what part of our glorious city is it all happening?

And I'm tryina find some time to shoot some more around downtown :thumbup:

Well, just to mention some place names that occur right at the beginning of the crime novel, there are:
Jacques-Cartier-Bridge
Viger
The Molson Brewery
The Radio Canada Building
Le Grand Séminaire (described as follows "A remnant of the vast holdings of the Cahtolic Church, Le Grand Séminaire occupies a large tract of land in the heart of Montreal. Centre-ville. Downtown. My neighbourhood. The small, urban citadel endures as an island of green in a sea of high-rise cement, and stands as mute testimoy to a once-powerful institution. Stone walls, complete with watchtowers, surround somber gray castles, carefully tended lawns, and open spaces, gone wild" (from Kathy Reichs, Déjà Dead, 1997).

(This crime novel is not for the faint of heart, let me tell you!)

oh my god! Le grand seminaire is adjacent to my school! (actually the college belongs to it) (oh, and the "somber gray castles" are somewhat an exageration, lol. check this. see the bit of building in the bg? that's what most of it looks like. and the pic is taken from the inside of a part of the grand seminaire)
ha I sure can get you pics of that!
And all the other places too :D

wohoo, that gives me a cool assignment! thanks Corinna! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back