Old news

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by spiralout, Jun 12, 2005.

1. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

I went down to the Museum District today with ClarinetJWD (I'm sure he'll be posting a few soon enough). This is one of my favorites from the day.

[​IMG]

2. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Nice camera work! I love the light and the angle is on point. I think the photo would be stronger with a more interesting subject. Maybe a women's glove or a saxophone. Anything besides a newspaper in a bag.

3. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

I like it - but I'm not entirely sure about the placement of it in the frame. I think there might be just a bit too much foreground but I can live with it.
    I like the way the light pulls out the bag's creases.
    What I don't like is the two messy soot blodges at the bottom corners. Looks like a bad PS attempt to kill awkward highlights.

4. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

5. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I posted this in your deviantart page, but I really like this. The composition, lighting, and angle work really well IMO. I even like what you've done in PS b/c I think it adds a certain mood and atmosphere to the shot. Kind of reminds me of what a dog would see walking down a sidewalk :) IMO I wouldn't change a thing :)

6. Reservist

Reservist TPF Noob!

it's too dark for my taste, and not happy with the subject, a red women's glove or something a bit more eye catching.

7. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Love this shot!

8. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

Hehe, I didn't really have much of a choice of the subject. I was getting dangerously close to sprawling out on private property in full-view of the public. :)

Sorry, Jon. *blushes* I'll keep it under 150 next time. I probably should've posted this earlier, but I am a bit ambivalent on the vignetting. I intended to have some vignetting when I took the shot, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do so in PS. I ended up just using PT Lens (a plug-in that corrects distortion and vignetting for any given lens) to add vignetting, but I couldn't get anything that I was really satisfied with.

That being said, does anyone know how to add circular vignetting?

9. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

The way I do it is to use the oval marquee tool to define the area, feather the selection (the larger the feathering, the more gradual the vignetting), select inverse, and then make the adjustment.

I hope this is helpful.

-Pete

10. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

The way I do it is slightly different. Do the circular marquee like christie said, but right click and select layer via cut. Then use the rectangle to make a black box covering the whole area and move the picture layer over the black. :)

11. mad_malteaser

mad_malteaser TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really like this, it reminds me of the saying about todays news being tomorrows rubbish. Lovely tones and the composition looks good to me. I love the texture of the floor too. Great capture.

12. kilifila66

kilifila66 TPF Noob!

I agree with Amanda on this one, fantastic shot, really nice composition. I took a class my sohpmore year in college called History of Mass Media and Mass Communication and for some reason this shot reminds me of everything I learned in that class. DON'T CHANGE IT!