Old No. 7 for C&C

mbbye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here's one from my 365 that I just started. I know a lot of people on here are purists and don't like much post processing work. I usually fall into this category too, but I thought that the selective coloring actually worked quite well on this picture. I missed the focus a bit, but I'm still really drawn to this picture for some reason (maybe it's just the subject, haha) What do you all think?

IMG_9978.jpg

Thanks for looking and if you're interested you can go to Beau: Three Six Five to see my entire 365 (all like 5 days of it so far)

Before I swore off alcohol I used to like my Jack with water..

My favorite part of the shot is the girl (I think it's a girl) looking over the bench in the background. Kind of mysterious. I'd make the whole shot b&w though, but it's your photo not mine..

My favorite part of the shot is the girl (I think it's a girl) looking over the bench in the background. Kind of mysterious. I'd make the whole shot b&w though, but it's your photo not mine..

Haha, yeah.. That was some random girl, I didn't notice her watching until I saw the picture, it does look a bit mysterious. Especially with the straw leading to her. I tried it in pure b&w and it just doesn't seem to "pop" very much, thus I tried the selective coloring and liked it.

I dont mind the grain too much, but the out of focus glass really kills it for me
Composition is decent, I might switch out the plates for a pack of smokes or maybe nothing or the person's hands...

A little action or posing of the subject would help to add to the story telling nature that this shot can bring.

And selective colouring... not sure its needed here as a good DOF as you have will draw enough attention to the glass and the liquid, no need for cheesy effect.

Or have it all BW for a more dramatic look.

Overall I'd say there's no real emotion to the shot... there's no feel, no action, no connection... just a selectively colored glass with some random stuff/people in black and white in the background.

Every element in a picture has an effect... and ideally the effect they have should contribute to the whole. The problem I personally find in this shot is there doesn't feel like there is a "whole", and whatever it might have been... the elements are all pointing off in different directions from it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back