Old Pics, Unedited from Philly

kachung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pictures a while ago in Philadelphia. It's of one of my favorite statues called "Freedom" by Zenos Frudakis near China Town... They are unedited but I wanted to know what you all thought, about editing, cropping etc or if they should just be reshot in general.
I know the white balance is a little off, but i liked the colors warmer then I did with it changed. Most of the lighting I couldn't really help because of the street lights at night. Anyway, let me know what you think.

C&C Please!

DSC_3659.jpg

DSC_3652.jpg

3. This last picture is of boat house row near the art museum in downtown Philly.
DSC_3560.jpg

Last edited:
I like them all, but the first one is my favorite.
Not really helpful, but it's a comment.

The second one I (as in me) would retake it. Keep everything the same, but make more room for the statue's complete shadow and his finger (it's a little cut off). Also, the door/window in the background takes away from the photo, in my opinion. So maybe a different angle would suit this statue a little better?

The first one hit me like a bus! I love it!

If possible I'd re-shoot that frame on an overcast day - after that I'd remove all background and replace it with something post-apocalyptic or with lots of atmosphere.

Great capture!

The other two are not shaking my world. Definitely keep working on the first one!

The second one I (as in me) would retake it. Keep everything the same, but make more room for the statue's complete shadow and his finger (it's a little cut off). Also, the door/window in the background takes away from the photo, in my opinion. So maybe a different angle would suit this statue a little better?

Yea, I agree... I guess I didn't really notice that when I was taking it. Maybe next time I head down to Philly I'll retake it from the other side, or at a more extreme angle.

If possible I'd re-shoot that frame on an overcast day - after that I'd remove all background and replace it with something post-apocalyptic or with lots of atmosphere.

I was thinking about that when I posted... maybe trying to get it right during sunset/before the lights go on... or as you said on a more over cast day. Thanks for the advice. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back