Old picture needs help. :-(

eccs19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife's sister got married years ago, but the person who did the pictures for them, messed them up. This is the only one that was sort of recoverable. She's had this for years, but no one has ever been good with any photoshop type software. I'm sure for someone who knows what they are doing, they can easily at least fix the colors, maybe even sharpen. (am I asking for a miracle?)

clairewedding.jpg

This is going to be a tough one.
And the shadow on her face doesn't make it any easier.
However, you might try to capitalize on the beat-up condition of the print and go for that hip distressed look:
clairewedding-2.jpg

I think I prefer Saltface's more than Osirus's version. Still a lot of purple in his. It's a shame the picture is so badly messed up. I'll show her these ones, and see what she thinks. Thanks for the effort.

Not only is this a bad photo, it is a bad scan of a bad photo. There is a glare over the whole image that casts a greenish blue when you try to brighten it up. It would be helpful if you could find someone with a really good scanner to get a better image to work with. I did what a could, not spending a terrible amount of time, here are a couple of edits.

clairewedding_c.jpg

clairewedding_c2.jpg

All things considered, for a quick go at it, that's not bad. Yes, the scan was definately not great. Cheapo flatbed scanner, but the colors you see on the scan, are pretty much what was on the original. I'm kinda suprised they even kept that copy, but I guess if you've got nothing, it's almost better than nothing.

Not only is this a bad photo, it is a bad scan of a bad photo. There is a glare over the whole image that casts a greenish blue when you try to brighten it up. It would be helpful if you could find someone with a really good scanner to get a better image to work with. I did what a could, not spending a terrible amount of time, here are a couple of edits.

clairewedding_c.jpg

clairewedding_c2.jpg

One more for the heck of it.

clairewedding_bw.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back