On the Road Again

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had to pull over, loved the view. I also converted one of these with an oil painting type effect and it was pretty interesting.

isabella_road.jpg

No wonder you felt like you had to pull over, stop, enjoy - and take this photo for us to enjoy what you saw too! :thumbsup: !

It definitely is a kind of landscape that I don't get to see myself ever here, therefore I enjoy it even more!

It looks VERY sharp in the way it is now presented here and I am still undecided as to whether I mind or whether I don't mind... I like the composition, that is for sure, with the road sort of snaking round the bend, and that big, dark green pine (?) tree sitting there, overlooking the scenery with you.

(That halo around the tree --- would that be from sharpening?)

Glad you pulled over. What an amazing view, and you captured it well. Nice!!!!

Thanks Chiller and LaFoto.

LaFoto, I didn't even notice the halo around the tree until you mentioned it. Good eye. :thumbup: I'll burn it in so it's not so noticeable. I wasn't sure what caused it, so I went back in to edit the original again. It was actually caused while I was adjusting the shadows/highlights to make the clouds stand out? Not as noticeable here, but if you look closely, it runs along the entire mountain top about 1/8" high :grumpy:

Thank you and I'll try and get it cleaned up.

Wow, makes you want to take a road trip....where was that taken?

great shot...looks like a pic you would see in a car magazine...showing how the car handles...

this is beautiful.....you need to pull over more often..!! thanks for the view!!

I noticed the halo too...usually comes about with contrast enhancement.

Love your composition on this one and you've boosted the saturation just to the breaking point without going overboard...nice job.

I think if you were to do it over again tho I would make the road more prominent and the sky less...for an even more dramatic sweeping curve. tilt the cam down and include it all. :)

hehe first thing i thought of when i saw the title was Shrek, Donkey was singing it.
Anyways, thats a great photo, makes me wish we had mountains here. Its just looks great.

wow! gorgeous scene... must have been a wonderful drive! :D
the curve in the road along with the greens look awesome thumbsup: .. i do find the halo a bit distracting..
neverthelss beautiful image :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back