? on using lightroom

ISI_Stang06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i downloaded the free trial of lightroom, and ive been playing around with it for the past 2 days. but i do have a few questiones for those of you who use it:

1. how do you save the altered photo, while keeping the original?
2. how do you keep multiple albums saved just like folders in the computers picture section?
3. how do i save the altered photos that have been processed through lightroom to my pictures section so that i can create a folder for processed photos?

i still need to upload the pics from my first time so you all can give me some feedback on what you all think. but it goes slow as hell on photobucket. maybe i check out flickr.

and what size is best when posting the pics on the website?

1. the original is kept, when you import it. Any further export is a seperate file.

2. ? firing it up right now to check

3. It's in the export options, when you hit export.

thanks reg, ill have to try that out. probably later though cause i had to download it to my sis-in-law's laptop.

how do you like lightroom? would you recommend it way over elements? cause it seems to be very userfriendly when altering the photos.

Lightroom is a 'workflow' software. It's strength is in editing a large number of photo quickly because you can apply things globally. It's also a nondestructive workflow.

Elements (and Photoshop) are more powerful image editors geared toward working on one or a few images at once.

One is not a replacement for the other.

Most reactions

Back