TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_0443.jpg

thank you :)

Too much processing for my taste. And the border where it looks like you erased the grass is distracting. Cute dog tho. I have a beagle too.

There is too much of that black odd looking border.
I also feel there is too much processing done on the dog. A little bit I can see, but the amount done makes him look odd

Not only does the dog look odd after all the pp that has been applied (creating a photo with an all posterized look), but also the grass ... not even mentioning the very odd looking frame.

But it is nice of er111a to call his photo "good" from the get-go.
Makes us a lot less biased when we look at his work...!

But it is nice of er111a to call his photo "good" from the get-go.
Makes us a lot less biased when we look at his work...!

lol. I'd like to see the explanation of the reasoning behind his editing process. "It tells a story..." :lmao:

Er111a, please dont take offense I know you love editting and creating funky shots. But I honestly think you could benefit from trying simple. Simple clean composition and simple edits like cropping and contrast. I would like to see what you can do with simple. Cute dog btw but way over the top pp. Take my thoughts with a grain of salt as Im not a professional but I know you hope to go pro someday and these are just my musings.

I did use a bit less this time around ;) and if you notice not all of the dog has been "posterized" and it does tell a story :p

For one time can you just try to post a shot straight from the camera. I bet people will leave 100x better comments and even be proud. Especially due to the fact that everyone asks for a little less PP and you still overdue it every time.
TJ

I did use a bit less this time around ;) and if you notice not all of the dog has been "posterized" and it does tell a story :p

Please enlighten us as to what the story tells ....

its like........ a floating piece of grass! ::chuckles::

Too much Pp.... but aside from the pp, if you calmed down on the border..you may have a decent pic.the border is just over kill! :shock:

dont get discouraged! Keep at it :)

The dog is trapped!
Between realisim and anime!

If you are going to use an editing process that renders a majority of the subject with an arty look I feel that you have to do it to the whole animal rather than just bits (eg the face areas are showing far more detail - though they should they also need tobe more artified in order to fit with the chest and paws of the dog)

I'd also like to see you stepping back from artyness in editing and focus on pure photography for a little while - I get the feeling that you are reaching for something different than many, but that somewhere along the lines you are slipping up and I have a feeling that part of this is the fact that you need to have very solid photography in order for processes like you perform to work as you desire. Otherwise the detracting photographic elements and a slight shortfalling in your editing add together to crush the final work as people see the errors of both.

In this case the eye on the right of the dog is very much in the shadows which greatly contrasts and clashes with the bright regular look of the left side of the shot. The overexposed areas of white should also be something that you (idealy) pull in through editing not through the photograph (at least in this case where it appears you want regular rendering of the subject rather than delibrate overexposure over the whole subject).

it might be a good photo in your opinion, but i surly couldn't tell with the excess editting
and why would you even WANT to put that ugly border on it?????

I don't mind the processing, but the border is beyond cheesy.

I think the picture could benefit from a tighter unusual crop. There's a lot of boring grass. And the composition doesn't appear stable to me, neither does the dog... Maybe try rotating 30 degrees CCW and crop tighter.

Cute dog...but other than that there's nothing special in this shot IMHO. As has been said, the border is crazy. My eyes were immediately drawn to the jagged edges of the grass and I spent several seconds simply looking at that.

Also, when shooting pets or children I think it's a good idea to offer a different perspective. This picture is the exact same perspective everyone sees a dog. Try laying down or at least getting on knee so we're on the same level.

As it is, this shot looks like a simple snapshot with excessive PP.

hmmm im not sure if im liking the filter i dont feel like the picture needs it :)

Most reactions

Back