one of my favorite

dphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$507 (2).jpg$566 (2).jpg

let me know what you guys think.. these were pre wedding pictures..i did not charge ..she used these pics for the weddding ..

Last edited:
I like a good vignette but these are overboard. I personally do not like either one. They have potential but in #1, they're too far and the flash is too harsh on the wood rail. Perhaps a tighter crop and a better post would have made it a better shot.
#2 suffers from motion blur and is badly underexposed, the dark vignetting only makes it worse. Sorry, I'm just being honest, hopefully this helps.

The Beginner's forum description was changed, and hasn't been a C&C or photo sharing section for several weeks now.

Which is why your thread got moved to one of the forums in the '
Photo Galleries- Photos submitted by members for general display or critique." section of TPF.

Last edited:
lol...thanks mreid....i 'am not a pro ..learning as i go ...not perfect on a pros's eye ..but gotta say they were perfect on her eyes ..i am trying to find a balance on my editing and by reading all this i guess less is better..and yes i had issues with my flash that day ...lol.. one thing i dont do is use ap..i like to change it up to different setting to see what i get and learn from it ...thanks for the critique ...

The Beginner's forum description waschanged, and hasn't been a C&C or photo sharing section for several weeksnow.

Which is why your thread got moved to one of the forums in the '
Photo Galleries- Photos submitted by members for general display orcritique." section of TPF.
i 'am new here trying to find my way aaround..thanks for the info..i apreciate it

You don't use ap? What's ap, and why do you choose not to use it?

I like a good vignette but these are overboard. I personally do not like either one. They have potential but in #1, they're too far and the flash is too harsh on the wood rail. Perhaps a tighter crop and a better post would have made it a better shot.
#2 suffers from motion blur and is badly underexposed, the dark vignetting only makes it worse. Sorry, I'm just being honest, hopefully this helps.
the first was edited on lightroom....i wanted to make it lighter ..i was trying to get those awesome waves in the background .i will re edit most likely try to elimiate that lighting on the wood ...but i dont think they harsh..for my first pics ever first time using my canon rebel eos d1100 ..i think i did ok ...but thank for the critique i will keep that in mind

You don't use ap? What's ap, and why do you choose not to use it?
sorry forgot to answer ur question...i dont use auto program cause i want to learn what my camera is capable of..so if i always use auto program that like cheating myself to go the easy way out..lol

So have you been using manual mode?

Like your attitude.
Switch to using Aperture mode, Matrix or Evaluative metering and use the the exposure compensation dial until you learn your way around the camera a little better. Shooting Manual just makes it hard on you at this point.
Learn to use your blinkies and histogram so you are taking proper exposures at time of capture.

No shame in using Automatic modes either while you are learning to use the camera, some people stay there and are perfectly happy with their results.
The camera is a tool, use it in the manner that provides you with the best results.

Master basic exposure before you start messing with effects. Best of luck to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back