One of my first photos

raffy997

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi so I'm getting into photography and the other they I got this shot from my village. Can you tell my what to change or improve and just some tips? Thank you!

Attachments

• serradacenter.jpg
    serradacenter.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 257
Walk closer to something interesting. Fill your frame with something interesting.

Well, I think it's damn near perfect so hold onto it.
The only thing you might try is making the window a tiny bit brighter.

You might wonder why I like it, considering I don't know the place.
Gentle curved leading line up into a very typical US small town snow scene with the flag showing.
And on the right, people stuck inside watching tv, perhaps oblivious to the beauty outside, yet the colors of the window and the scene match.

Be aware that this is a real portfolio shot at any level and, for a beginner, these are few and far between. Unless you are a genius with enormous talent, you may not get another for a while.

That being said, this one is great.

Well, I think it's damn near perfect so hold onto it.
The only thing you might try is making the window a tiny bit brighter.

You might wonder why I like it, considering I don't know the place.
Gentle curved leading line up into a very typical US small town snow scene with the flag showing.
And on the right, people stuck inside watching tv, perhaps oblivious to the beauty outside, yet the colors of the window and the scene match.

Be aware that this is a real portfolio shot at any level and, for a beginner, these are few and far between. Unless you are a genius with enormous talent, you may not get another for a while.

That being said, this one is great.
Thank you very much I actually spent a lot of time getting this shot and considering I got it from my Lumix point and shoot I'm pretty happy with it. Can't wait to get a proper dslr camera an take nice shots.

I think The_Traveler has hit it spot on, that is a cracking shot. I would kill for a shot like that and why would you need a DSLR to improve. Carry on with that Lumix for awhile and see what you come up with. I also like what T_T has done with the window it adds interest to the foreground.

I think The_Traveler has hit it spot on, that is a cracking shot. I would kill for a shot like that and why would you need a DSLR to improve. Carry on with that Lumix for awhile and see what you come up with. I also like what T_T has done with the window it adds interest to the foreground.
Thank you I'll definitely hold on to my camera for a while but I do like the definition and sharpness that I just don't have right now

Most reactions

New Topics

Back