One photo C&C please :D

Dylan-Fishman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Using a Nikon D40 (thank you Daniel Sach!) with a nikon 55-200mm VR lens.
EXIF Info:
Exposure Time = 1/4000"
F Number = F6.3
Exposure Program = Manual
ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Aperture Value = 5.31 AV
Exposure Bias Value = +0.67EV
Max Aperture Value = F5.66
Flash = Off
Focal Length = 200mm
Exif Image Width = 2000
Exif Image Height = 2919
Custom Rendered = Normal process
Exposure Mode = Manual exposure

Crop or no crop? SAME PICTURE.

No Crop
SCHWEET2.jpg

Crop
Shweet3.jpg

Comments & Criticism encouraged! Should I crop some off the top or just leave it?

Thanks a bunch,
<>Dylan<>

If it were me I would crop some of the dark from the top but I'm far from an expert. Nice shot.

What you've got here is something great. One reason I admire users in this "beginner" forum is the fact that simplicity in subject is chosen, but compositions turn out eye-catching. Great stuff. Heck, without the chimney this would look great. I like the crop you have right now..the darker portion of the photo balances out for the lighter hues that make up the approximate 3/4 of the photo.
I just noticed the pigeon and chuckled hahaha.

Great stufff..keep rolling with simplicity. It's your planning and archictectural thinking that makes any "ordinary" scene into something fabulous...you've got that going here.

Goodbye

Thank you both! much appreciated. Anymore??

Last edited:
Bump ^_^ Yo quiero mas regeneración!

Go with the cropped version. I'd maybe burn the upper right corner to balance your dark tones in the lower left, maybe add a touch more contrast to the clouds too. Nice shot though.

Go with the cropped version. I'd maybe burn the upper right corner to balance your dark tones in the lower left, maybe add a touch more contrast to the clouds too. Nice shot though.

Alright will do. Just got photoshop up and running and it's awesome. Thanks for looking.

No expert, but as I have been on here longer and longer, I find myself looking for the little corners, the imbalances, etc of all the photos. The cropped version looks great, and I personally like the dark at the top, it shows the lighting below and is a nice contrast.

Chief

Wow thanks for all of your kind words!

Most reactions

Back