One Question

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by FallingStar, Oct 16, 2006.

1. FallingStar

FallingStar TPF Noob!

Hello!
    Since i'm new to both this forum and photography i want to ask one question. I saw many people who learn photography making only selfportraits and giving them as their professional work. There really some pretty good ones but still selfportraits. So i'm a bit confused because i think this can't be called real 'photography' when you have only one object and this is only you. So i would like to recieve an answer if this is really a professional work and there are some professional photographers that are making only selfportraits?
    I really can't believe there are but i would like an answer from a person who knows better XD

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It doesn't matter what your subject is...it could be yourself, someone else, a cat, a fork, an egg...it just does not matter.

Also...what do you consider 'professional'? That word means different things to different people.

3. DocFrankenstein

DocFrankenstein Clinically Insane?

Welcome to the forum. If it's ok, we'd like to see your gallery.

What's wrong with being a professional self portrait photographer? Kidding!

Can you post some examples? I've only seen ONE gallery by a girl who's a math student and she was doing some freaky self portraits. Besides her I don't think I saw one.

4. toastydeath

toastydeath TPF Noob!

I've known (actually known, not that creepy 'subscriber' sense of the word) a couple "camgirls" who are absolutely pedantic about how they set up each shot, and they use a SLR on timer.

So, in that way, it really is "professional photography" in the denotative sense of the word: They're getting paid a whole lot of money to take pictures of themselves.