Online Printing Solutions.

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First of all, how the hell is everyone!?

Been a while since i poked my head up in here.

Hope everyone is dandy!

Had a question. A while ago someone gave me a link for a printing company that allowed photographers to upload their pics and then send customers to the site to pick and buy their favorite prints.

The price of prints included printing, shipping, and a premium set by the photographer to make some cash on the sale.

I googled, and found a few sites that involved a membership fee for certain hosting limits by the photographer, which I don't remember being part of the deal. And it strikes me as kinda pointless to pay that kind of fee to start up. I'm making them money by putting up my prints right?

Anyway, if you people have any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks!
Paul

Sorry, I do not have an answer but I was wondering if you would like to share the websites you've shortlisted so far.

Err... was it smugmug or something like that?

First of all, how the hell is everyone!?

Been a while since i poked my head up in here.

Hope everyone is dandy!

Had a question. A while ago someone gave me a link for a printing company that allowed photographers to upload their pics and then send customers to the site to pick and buy their favorite prints.

The price of prints includedprinting, shipping, and a premium set by the photographer to make some cash on the sale.

I googled, and found a few sites that involved a membership fee for certain hosting limits by the photographer, which I don't remember being part of the deal. And it strikes me as kinda pointless to pay that kind of fee to start up. I'm making them money by putting up my prints right?

Anyway, if you people have any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks!
Paul
Wow dude! Cool. Ya, well, you know what though, you still have to drive traffic to your web place to sell anything, and it's you that has to set up the site and price your goods.

Zenfolio is a good place. To set your own prices you have to have a pro account, $100 a year. That's only $8.33 a month to use their sever and software, but you have to pay a year at a time.

Plus for them to handle all the printing, shipping, handleing money and whatnot they get 12% of your total sales.

But the good new is, if you fulfill the orders yourself, they only get 4% of your gross.

Put another way, "There's no such thing as a free lunch."

So that's a no then.

I was sure there was a free solution that had a market place that you drive traffic to, and the pay off for them is that you're selling prints through them.

Most reactions

Back