Online proofsheets for portrait sessions???

DIRT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jfreeman.smugmug.com
I could swear that i recently saw a post on this but i couldnt find it.

My question is, after i shoot some headshots or portraits and the customer wants an online proof/gallery how would i get something like that? somewhere that i could put up thier proofs and they can view them online?

I'm going to move this to the Portrait/Wedding section, I think you'll get more replies there.

I use morephotos.com and they charge a monthly fee. If you have a website you can put them up there and just number each photo, that's what I did when I was starting the business. I did find that my sales increased a lot when I offered online ordering and accepted credit cards.

AlisonPower said:
I pay about $40/month. That's up to 2500 images on the site at one time, includes order forms, price sheets, ability to do custom discounts, etc.

Here's a link to what mine looks like (it's a live site though so don't order anything ;) )

http://stalleyphotography.morephotos.com/mp_client/pictures.asp
Alison, what is the name of the company? Do you have a link to their site?

Great... thanks!

For $7.95 a month you can get your own website at www.ipowerweb.com

Then you can download jalbum, www.jalbum.net which is a free java web gallery program, and generate a nice gallery for your proofs. Do a batch resize on them with photoshop or irfanview to make them a suitable websize. Jalbum makes the thumbs and all the html for you.

This doesn't include all the perks of that other site, like custom discounts, and order forms and what not, but you can easily set up a paypal system for orders, which works via a form and email.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back