Online Remote Picture Viewing

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by swhitla, Dec 1, 2009.

1. swhitla

swhitla TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi, looking for some advice and wondering if anyone can help:

I'm trying to find a way of sharing high resolution images with people online where I can talk it through over the phone with them and they can see what I'm doing with my mouse pointer (move around / zoom in etc.)

There are lots of online presentation / screen sharing tools around (webex, gotomeeting etc.) but they usually require you to download and install software, and I can't do this because most of my clients are behind firewalls. The ones that don't (livelook, beamyourscreen etc.) run too slow because all the screendump info is being sent back and forth ...

What I'd like ideally is something Flash based, where the users only have to download the image once in their browser ... then only the mouse movement data would be being transferred, with the image view updated accordingly.

Does anyone know of any software that will do this? Would be really grateful if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
    Steve

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Isn't there a new Google application for on-line collaboration? I can't think of the name off the top of my head...but people are sharing 'invitations' for it.
    Might be something to look into.

3. raider

raider TPF Noob!

no but i like skype

4. boomersooner02000

boomersooner02000 TPF Noob!

Google wave. It works but still a bit buggy. I don't have invites left or I would send you one