online viewing

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by smallball, Feb 7, 2010.

1. smallball

smallball TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    HI Everyone! I am new to the Photo Forum. I am new to the photograpy bussiness as well. I have recently shot a family session for a client. I am wondering if you all have any good online viewing/proofing software or website that you can recommend. I am hoping to get something good and cheap and my client can just sign on to view their photos before they buy prints. Thank you in advance for your help!

2. Alphaem

Alphaem TPF Noob!

I have a tutorial on my site on how to use ifp3 which is what we use in our studio, it is a great solution for your clients and easy to use. Click on the link to view the video: http://digitalphotographydarkroom.com/?p=551

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum.

Some people prefer to use a website service for this. Smugmug Pro is commonly talked about and I know a few photographers who use Collages.net Home.
    One of the pros to using a site like that, is that you can have your orders printed and shipped directly to the customer. The down side of that is that you never get to see the final product and they take a commission for providing that service and/or you pay a monthly fee.

Many photographers that I know (myself included) use an application called Photocart. It's a one time purchase that you load onto your own site. (you don't have to send clients away from your site). It's a great application and has many options & customizations.