Opinions and advice

Ab$olut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone from england

Im pretty new to photography and just started to really get into it and will be attending a course on it next year in college.Anyway as im pretty new to all this im not very good :blushing::lol:

A friend of mine just got a new car so I took the opportunity to take some pics the ones with more 'noise' were in the manual canon af mode with highest iso why do they have more noise than the shots I took in auto?

Yes I know using auto is bad :( but heh shoot me I try not to use it much but as it wasn't my car I couldn't spend a few hours doing shots.. :thumbdown:

All the shots were taken with a powershot a75 :)

Any advice on angles or semitry the amount of ground shots was because lack of tripod which is on its way as I type this I found out the hard way my knee isn't a good replacement...

img1175lv4.jpg

img1177ry5.jpg

img1182cc1.jpg

img1187sa7.jpg

img1188ln4.jpg

Auto

Vs

400iso
img1190aa2.jpg

img1195ct0.jpg

You've basically got the right kind of idea - a tripod will help a lot with your composition.

You should really try and stick the ISO to the smallest number possible in this kind of shot and experiement with manual settings, as auto really isn't designed for car portraits at night!!

Rob

on a tripod at low iso 100-200, set camera to manual, take reading, set this in camera, use flashgun on the car itself set at ttl, experiment.

Flash Harry said:
on a tripod at low iso 100-200, set camera to manual, take reading, set this in camera, use flashgun on the car itself set at ttl, experiment.

I thought flash was a big no no for these kind of shots?

Thanks for the advice i'll get some more when I get my tripod :hail::D

Ok im going to try get another friend or the same one with the car above to go and get some shots again in the same place so low iso? what about exposure and shutter speed? or what should/shouldn't be left alone?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back