opinions on my first shots

tsoley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there, I just got canon 70d as a gift. I just took a few shots so I wanted to share them in order to learn some stuff. I absolutely know nothing about photography, but I am interested in it. Now that I have a camera, might as well enjoy it.

GdZMaHR.jpg
QsRUUjh.jpg
SbqstxR.jpg
UtNqRPp.jpg

They are not bad, but there is not much there to set them apart. Think outside the box when taking flower pics.

When I shoot flowers and any kind of plants I always try to completely isolate it from anything else in background, this doesn't mean its the right thing to do or only thing to do, its just the way I shoot them.

Do a search in the forum for oldhippy and look at some of what he's posted. Ed is pretty much the gold standard for flower shots.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

One thing I would recommend for shooting flowers, is shoot raw. Then you can use a program such as RawTherapee, or GIMP (Which are free) to get more rich color and detail :D

Nice shots :)

off to a good start. not too bad at all. It shows that you have some understanding of some of the basics.

#1 try a different crop
#2 & #3 good
#4 (meh) What is the broom-like thing in the lower left?

I've moved your post to the General Gallery. The Beginner's Forum is meant for questions on photography, the galleries for questions (or comments & critique) about your images.

Thank you all, these are seriously my first shots, I've taken some more today, im trying to try what you guys suggested.

First off, what a great gift! Second for your first shots they look really good. Good on you for coming here for critique. Great place to learn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back