Orchid Mantis <3

orionmystery

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
orionmystery.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of the most gorgeous mantids in Malaysia. Others that I want to see are Parymenopus davisoni and Toxodera sp.

Early instar or maybe hatchling. Surprisingly reflective....grrr..
Hymenopus coronatus_MG_5917 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Hymenopus coronatus_MG_5947 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Hymenopus coronatus_MG_5922 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Later instar
Hymenopus coronatus_MG_5898 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Later instar
Hymenopus coronatus_MG_5877 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Hymenopus coronatus_MG_5909 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

More mantids of Malaysia: Mantis | Up Close with Nature

They are indeed awesome!

I saw a really cool BBC documentary (Micro Monsters with David Attenborough) where they had footage of those mantises, in one shot the white one ate a hatchling.

brilliant subjects, and quality shots mate. These really are top drawer.

fantastic, particularly like 5917 and 5898

Thanks, funwitha7d.

Those orchid mantises are so cool. I like their eyes.

Thanks, TreeofLifeStairs. They have fascinating, alien-like eyes :D, but I think Hollywood draws inspiration from insects though.

They are indeed awesome!

I saw a really cool BBC documentary (Micro Monsters with David Attenborough) where they had footage of those mantises, in one shot the white one ate a hatchling.

brilliant subjects, and quality shots mate. These really are top drawer.

Thanks, Pete. I watched Micro Monsters too, not as fascinating as "Life in the undergrowth" but still great!

Wow, those are gorgeous! The hatchling looks like it's straight out of Blade Runner, and the white one looks like some kind of evil alien queen, with that tiny little crown between her horns. Stunning creatures and an amazing job capturing them.

(And yes, I looked at the thread - mantids are one of the handful of insects that I find interesting and beautiful. :) If I ever get tricked into seeing a close-up of a stink bug, though, I'll hunt you down! ;))

Simply incredible! What interesting subjects, perfect technique.

The last one is my favorite here. I love that you can really envision her little personality, and it comes across as a real portrait. Perfection at its finest here!

Wow, those are gorgeous! The hatchling looks like it's straight out of Blade Runner, and the white one looks like some kind of evil alien queen, with that tiny little crown between her horns. Stunning creatures and an amazing job capturing them.

(And yes, I looked at the thread - mantids are one of the handful of insects that I find interesting and beautiful. :) If I ever get tricked into seeing a close-up of a stink bug, though, I'll hunt you down! ;))

Thank you, Leonore. Some stink bugs are nice and colorful!

Excellent!

Thank you, Brian.

Simply incredible! What interesting subjects, perfect technique.

The last one is my favorite here. I love that you can really envision her little personality, and it comes across as a real portrait. Perfection at its finest here!

Thank you, JustJazzie!

Most reactions

Back