Out on a limb

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While out hiking on the weekend, I came across this creek, and saw the reflections of the trees. The problem was it met another river, so I was at a dead end and could not get to a spot to get a good picture.
I noticed one of the branches from a tree leaned over this stream and thought ...if only I could get to the middle of the stream to get a shot.
So out I slid , bit by bit, with my camera over my shoulder. The further I went, the more the branch started to lower towards the water. I thought, is this really worth it. I took only one pic, before I realized how far I had crawled out on this branch, and had to go back.

I still did not get the photo I wanted, but came pretty close and almost had a nice swim too.

129_2926a.JPG

Things a photographer would do for a shot =D We should be an extreme sport =p. What does it look like in B&W?

I agree Ghoste. I have risked some pretty....well risky situations to get a pic. Been kicked out of places, almost run down.
I will try the black and white , it could be interesting. Thanx

chiller2.jpg

That's what it looks like =p. Oh oh oh. Make the top black and white and the reflection stay the same.

great shot, chiller...you almost became like your name....chilled..love the way the sky is so dark blue in the reflection... the black and white is good...kinda eerie, and gives you more of a feel for the trees..but the color one is better...shows off the reflection of the water and sky ...i love this....good eye....

WOW...not I am not sure what I like best. Thanks for working on this pic. Great work on all of them.
Maybe I will go back and see what else I can find. Thanx again.

Chiller said:
(...) I still did not get the photo I wanted, but came pretty close and almost had a nice swim too.

As long as only you almost had the "nice swim". But the camera! The CAMERA!

But all your gymnastics along that overhanging branch were worth it. This is a nice reflection. At my age, I prefer to find some large puddles with still enough path around them to take photos of reflections...

Most reactions

Back