Outlaw

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A portrait I took of my roommate just a few days back. Affectionately known as 'Outlaw' due to his family's intriguing last name, 'Lawless', he possesses an endearing camera shyness that makes any moment captured on camera an accomplishment. Despite the bold surname and rough appearance, he is a person of immense kindness and depth.

Canon 5D MKIII, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 lens. Lit using a single Neewer S101-400 flash with a 47" umbrella octagon softbox.
364A6251-Enhanced-BW net.jpg

Last edited:
Fabulous lighting! Great B&W. Even if he does dislike getting his picture taken (and I understand completely!), he should appreciate this. It's beautifully done.

Great shot.

Wonderful sculpting of the light! My grandmother's name was Laules and sometimes Lawless spelling. When she was a child, her parents moved the family from St. Louis to E. St. Louis. Across the river. Seems her father had a run-in with some people and had to relocate across the river. He changed their last name to Hart. I'm not sure the whole story, but it had something to do with the group he worked with or for.

Fabulous lighting! Great B&W. Even if he does dislike getting his picture taken (and I understand completely!), he should appreciate this. It's beautifully done.
Thanks Terri. He does like the photo very much, as well as a few others that were from this shoot.

Wonderful sculpting of the light! My grandmother's name was Laules and sometimes Lawless spelling. When she was a child, her parents moved the family from St. Louis to E. St. Louis. Across the river. Seems her father had a run-in with some people and had to relocate across the river. He changed their last name to Hart. I'm not sure the whole story, but it had something to do with the group he worked with or for.
Thank you. I guess it's not as uncommon of a name as I thought.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back