Over_Animated

Bifurcator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:D

Animated_Girl.gif

Over Animated! - Removed to save space. 20meg file.

Last edited:
Great idea, anyway!:mrgreen:

Hehehe you guys hate it? I thought she was so like, all over the place - but in a fun. lively, spunky way. :D I sat at the table for about 30min. chit-chatting and then from another table just intervalled the camera (at 8.1mp in the dim dim restaurant light) to try and capture the raw feel of the person. I scaled, reduced to 256 index colors and made the GIF-Anim. Bad? It didn't come across?

I enjoyed the slice-of-life, feel like I sort of know her now, lol. :thumbsup:

Teehee! A little "film". "Footage", as it were. What fun!
There's a series of photos of myself, saying "Cheers" with my glass, and I had always wanted that to be put together like these here have been put together, only don't I know how to do that (and I am no longer sure I can find the series of photos today... :confused: ). Ah well. Nice idea! :D

That's pretty cool.

I did an animation like that about a year ago. It was just a flag waving in the breeze. I've been wanting to do something similar to yours, but have yet to find a willing participant. :lol:

Teehee! A little "film". "Footage", as it were. What fun!
There's a series of photos of myself, saying "Cheers" with my glass, and I had always wanted that to be put together like these here have been put together, only don't I know how to do that (and I am no longer sure I can find the series of photos today... :confused: ). Ah well. Nice idea! :D

It's not hard to do. There's a way to use PhotoShop to do it but when I tried it looked like a ton of work. :( I'm using GraphicConverter (Mac only) myself where you just select any number of any type of images and save it as a GIF and you're done. If anyone here has a Mac I recommend this soft! It's easily as useful overall as PhotoShop.

Anyway, there are lots of utils that do this! Just search for "Make GIF Animation free download". I think the one I'm using on the Windoze box is called The Gif Machine or something like that. ;) It's basically does the same thing. Load up the images, set the timing (for all or per individual frame) and save.

It's not hard to do. There's a way to use PhotoShop to do it but when I tried it looked like a ton of work. :( I'm using GraphicConverter (Mac only) myself where you just select any number of any type of images and save it as a GIF and you're done. If anyone here has a Mac I recommend this soft! It's easily as useful overall as PhotoShop.

Anyway, there are lots of utils that do this! Just search for "Make GIF Animation free download". I think the one I'm using on the Windoze box is called The Gif Machine or something like that. ;) It's basically does the same thing. Load up the images, set the timing (for all or per individual frame) and save.

I was going to suggest one of the animation programs I use (Jasc Animation shop 3), but it isn't free.

Making animations and graphics is one of the things that got me into photography. When I was in junior high school, I was making different things on an Apple 2e and 2c, and some ascii type stuff like banners and cards on a TRS-80. A lot has changed since then.

I don't know if something like this may have been possible back then, but if it was, it would have taken a LOT of work to accomplish, and a lot more time than 5 minutes....

fb89d479.gif

Apple 2e and 2c huh? Hehehe very cool man! :thumbup: My baby brother got an Apple (wooden lol!) and later an Apple II... those were pretty fun! :D I remember "Helicopter" and "Lunar Lander" on those. I'm way too old.. :D I remember loading Lunar Lander from paper-tape and playing it on a teletype as the "display device". :D

Apple 2e and 2c huh? Hehehe very cool man! :thumbup: My baby brother got an Apple (wooden lol!) and later an Apple II... those were pretty fun! :D I remember "Helicopter" and "Lunar Lander" on those. I'm way too old.. :D I remember loading Lunar Lander from paper-tape and playing it on a teletype as the "display device". :D

Something tells me you're a year or 2 older than I am. :lol: (no offense intended!)

I never seen paper-tape, unless I seen it and didn't have any idea what I was looking at, and I don't even know what a teletype is without asking Google.

Still, those were fun times back then. I can only imagine what it would have been like for kids back in those days if we had all the technology we have now...

Something tells me you're a year or 2 older than I am. :lol: (no offense intended!)

No taken. I'm quite certain I'm the oldest guy on this site. Maybe in all of the internet!

I never seen paper-tape, unless I seen it and didn't have any idea what I was looking at, and I don't even know what a teletype is without asking Google.

Paper tape:

Each roll is a program or data.​

It would run through a reader at about 6 to 8 feet per second. A writer was usually a little slower 5 fps or so. Over time there were various speeds created. Readers and writers came in all shapes and sizes. The one I used more looked like the guts of a 70's sewing machine... All smooth heavy stainless steel and kinda complicated looking. I couldn't find a picture of it.

teletype.jpg

Here's a pretty nice teletype. It's got a
paper-tape unit built in.

pdp_8.jpg

I actually had something kinda like this (without the
magnetic tape) is my garage. Notice the lack of a CRT.
The computer talked to people via an automated
typewriter called a teletype. You could talk to the
computer in the same way by typing at the console.

Still, those were fun times back then. I can only imagine what it would have been like for kids back in those days if we had all the technology we have now...
Same as it is these days (but with more integrity and moral fiber) of course. ;)

Last edited:
Hehehe you guys hate it? I thought she was so like, all over the place - but in a fun. lively, spunky way. :D I sat at the table for about 30min. chit-chatting and then from another table just intervalled the camera (at 8.1mp in the dim dim restaurant light) to try and capture the raw feel of the person. I scaled, reduced to 256 index colors and made the GIF-Anim. Bad? It didn't come across?
I never said I didn't like it. I do! The only negative I could think of is the girl came up a little dark.

I also think it hilarious that she was aware of the camera and didn't throw a glass at you.

I talked to them for about 30min or more 1st and made friends. Then i asked permission before hand. ;) She was a real kick! If I were 50 or 60 years younger I'd surely have hunted her. :D

And yeah, it's dark. :( I'm currently using a bridge camera with a tiny sensor which means I never get to take it above ISO 100. These were taken in a dark restaurant at ISO 64. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back