Painted Sunset

DanCanon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Caught this sweet sunset the other night. Tonemapped from 11 exposures. I know the power lines are a little bit blurry and totally take away from the image. Let me know what you think.

3234109228_0a3e28560d_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ds_-_photos/

Last edited:
Why are they blurry? Did the camera shift between exposures?
If that is the only reason for the blurriness, then I'd like to see the middlest of exposures as comparison. If the sunset was as "sweet" as you say it was, tonemapping might not have been necessary at all?

Other than that, all I can think really is that "the power lines are [quite a] bit blurry and totally take away from the image". Sorry. And I think the top half of the image need not really be there.

A different way of thinking about what LaFoto said...

I think the colors and pattern of the sky is pretty cool, but I think you just wind up with too much of the top part (basically the same thing LaFoto said). Next time might be good to do it portrait so you still KEEP the colors and tones of the upper part, but just have less of it as it's far less "grabbing" than the oranges and any land details.

You could be a big cheater and clone out the powerlines and poles. :)

yeah i wanna see jsut a normally exposed picture, i think 11 exposures is a little overboard lol

Also, to have a 2:3 vertical, which always look kind of too tall anyways, and not have anything happen until the very, very bottom it really awkward looking. As your eye travels down the image, it begrudgingly accepts the fact that there is nothing in this photo but sky. Than, bam, there's all this almost silhouetted crap at the bottom. You should have made sure the foreground went completely black, and included more of it.

Here is the pic from the middle. I was just kind of experimenting with using 11 photos. I'd never done so much and was interested with what the results would be. I agree that the top could have been cropped out and that there isn't much going on in the bottom but for me this was more about color and tonal range. I thought the colors turned out pretty cool. Thanks for all the input.

3247155987_fd6bb9cc84_b.jpg

f/22, 1/20 s, ISO 100, 50 mm

Most reactions

Back