Painting the body of a DSLR?

No, painting my "Gun" was not necessary at that time. That was my last deployment, I will be doing a different job on this one.

It seems like you might be able to paint your lens hood and camera body, and leave the lens as is. You could make some sort of light cloth tube that attaches (sticky-back velcro?) to the camera body and lens hood, allowing for lens extension - and the ability to move the focus ring - with no black visible. You wouldn't have to worry about painting the lenses at all, and it would be pretty easy to construct.

It seems like you might be able to paint your lens hood and camera body, and leave the lens as is. You could make some sort of light cloth tube that attaches (sticky-back velcro?) to the camera body and lens hood, allowing for lens extension - and the ability to move the focus ring - with no black visible. You wouldn't have to worry about painting the lenses at all, and it would be pretty easy to construct.

Thank you. That is good advice. That is what I'm working on now. The hoods are complete. I will be starting on the body this weekend.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back