Panasonic GH2 OR GH3 That is the question.

SteadyMedia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going crazy. No other way to explain it. People on this site have gave me awesome advice on the what to get with my budget. Now here is my problem.

I have a $2000 dollar budget. I have been making music videos with zero knowledge and have been somewhat successful at it ( Youtube.com/thesteadymedia )

I was looking at the GH3 and OH MY GAWD IS SHE HOT. But with a price tag like $1300? I feel like that leaves no room for her babies. The glass.

We need to have babies and all the baby accessories.

If I get the GH2 (which i can get for about $550) That would leave me with so much to play with! I'd be able to get a rig ($60). Id be able to get a speaker system for music videos ($100). Id be able to look into a LCD monitor and audio system! Id be able to have the best lenses possible.

The GH3's body is nice. So durable. GUYS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! I know i can hacck the GH2. Thats great. But you know how it is? buying something that isnt the newest hottest thing? (spoiled)

I will need a bag too you know? I need something to carry my ish. But ive been told to get the GH3 with three starting lenses. But that leaves me with nothing to play with in the accessories department.

Should i just get the GH3 and buy stuff as i go? or settle in and get snuggy with the GH3's older sister?

A GH2 with options to buy more stuff, is better than blowing it all on a GH3 and not having room for *extras*...

skyy - the GH2 is a great camera, and I plan to keep my GH2 as a "B" camera, but I wouldn't call spending $1300 out of a $2000 budget on a GH3 "blowing it all" when the GH3 can do things the GH2 will never be able to do, hack or no hack (e.g., 1080/60p, deal with wet weather, hassle free headphone monitoring, TTL flash sync, exposure control with dual wheels, stealthy street photography with a silent shutter). Not to mention the improvements in still image quality. For me, these things aren't just nice-to-haves, they are must-haves.

Cheers,

Bill

Most reactions

New Topics

Back