Paris - just because I never posted here

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just because I never posted anything in this section. not sure if it belongs here as it does not cover any event or anything similar.

_MG_8128.jpg

hmm, i posted this because i am very unsure about the image. so good to get some first feedback, thanks :)

What is it that makes you unsure?
Did you selectively brighten up the ground part leaving the brooding (dark) sky intact? I would have done the same, I am sure!
But that aspect is not what makes you uncertain, is it?

Do you think this does not tell a story, only because there wasn't any story going on at the time?

But then: what are they there for? Why are they so heavily armed? Just to watch Mona Lisa and her companions? Thus armed? Thus clad? So many?

I feel there is a story here!

What is it that makes you unsure?
Did you selectively brighten up the ground part leaving the brooding (dark) sky intact? I would have done the same, I am sure!
But that aspect is not what makes you uncertain, is it?

Not that I played with highlights and shadows makes me uncertain, but if the outcome is acceptable. I have the feeling that exposure on this one was far from perfect (but it was a difficult situation light-wise, and I had to be quick since those soldiers were not modelling for me ;) ).

Do you think this does not tell a story, only because there wasn't any story going on at the time?
Well, this was election weekend in Paris (last weekend), so there is a (faint) story behind it. Just I couldn't tell it since my French is so poor ;)

Ah. So your French equals mine...

OK, I see how exposure with the bright albeit overcast sky along with the Louvre surrounding you was difficult, but I feel you kind of nailed it! How far did you stop down and what lens (zoom?) did you use to get it all sharp and all into your frame?

And aren't those photos particularly challenging where no one poses for you but you have to make the most of the situation in that very fraction of a second???

but I feel you kind of nailed it! How far did you stop down and what lens (zoom?) did you use to get it all sharp and all into your frame?

Thanks!

ISO 200, 1/250s, f/10, 22mm

(on 35mm, so that would be around 14mm equivalent for an APS-C sensor).

All those maths don't tell me much :oops: -- my maths is as good (a-hem!) as my French... but I know that I like what I see here!

All those maths don't tell me much :oops: -- my maths is as good (a-hem!) as my French... but I know that I like what I see here!

Thanks :) I was just saying that on your dSLR you would have needed a 14mm lens to take that image ;)

and that it was taken with an aperture of f/10

you need too teach me all your secrets hehe you are good with black and white... i think black and whites are much harder then color. did you make fun of their hats too?

you need too teach me all your secrets hehe you are good with black and white...

Thanks! Not too much of a secret here though :)

did you make fun of their hats too?

How could I, was wearing a very similar one in my past ;)

Most reactions

Back