Party help!

ahmunoz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been hired to take pictures for an 80s theme anniversary party. I have the equipment to take pictures of the event itself, but my client would also like prom style photos of the guests. The couple would like to have the guests go home with a printed "prom" photo. I am stumped how to best achieve this. Any suggestions about managing this or printer help? She isn't terribly concerned about the quality of the prints that will go home with the guests, she'd simply like a keepsake for them. Thank you!!

Ten years ago I would have said, 'Polaroid', but I suspect that might be a bit of a logistical challenge these days. You can purchase inexpensive 3x5/4x6 printers at any big box store; tether that to your camera, or see if anyone has a photobooth set-up to rent and bill it to the client.

If it was me I'd dig out the old Nikon D80, charge up the batteries and tether it to a laptop. Set up a printer like an Epson 3520. Pre-cut some paper for the printer (budget would determine photo paper or plain paper). Buy or make some photo sleeves to hold the photos. Get a small whiteboard and wipe-off markers. Have each couple write their name on the board - take a photo then lay down the board and take the actual photo. Someone would be needed to handle the laptop and print and stuff the folders and write their names on them
The price of Polaroid film (if you can get it) these days may make this a cheaper alternative??

Yep, that's why I suggested the polaroid. Bill it to the client and give them 80's photos with 80's technology. Cameras are still available, film is still available and no need of a printer, cables, assistant etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back