Pastels and Watercolors (and a few other art media)

I ended wising inks and the black pics pen. I feel like it’s lacking something but I resisted the urge to add more. Going to step away from this one for a while. Feedback and critique welcome.

View attachment 273356
This turned out magical! I love it!

This turned out magical! I love it!

Thanks! I’m happy with it and feel like I learned some do’s and don’ts for next time.

Will you do the cherry blossoms challenge with us?

Thanks! I’m happy with it and feel like I learned some do’s and don’ts for next time.

Will you do the cherry blossoms challenge with us?
Wow! Sure! I will have to pull out my oil pastels and give it a try. I haven't touched them since we moved in, but they're all unpacked.

Time to go hunt a photo ref. :lol:

I think I’m going to use this one and watercolors. If you need a reference I have a ton from a few years ago.

1712622742427.jpeg

I did find three that I can use. Will likely do a mash-up of them.

All I need to do now is look for my paper! Should be fun to break out the crayons again. :)

Pretty! That last one is really challenging, IMO. But the parasol is so pretty! Go for it.

I love cherry tree bark. I picked something pretty straightforward, I am wayyy out of practice with my precious oil pastels! But it does have bark in it. I might paint more bark than blooms! :icon_mrgreen:

First layer done so no real detail. I went with the watercolor pencils. I want to use these Derwents up so I can start using the Prismacolors.

IMG_1139.jpeg

Watercolors and bleedproof white on Arches paper. I may make a few adjustments when I look at it tomorrow.

IMG_7448.jpeg

Awesome!

Second layer done. I’ll revisit tomorrow and see what I else I can do. This is 5.5” x 8.5” Mix Media paper (98 lb)
IMG_1144.jpeg

and a tools shot (working on a TV tray)
IMG_1145.jpeg

Last edited:
You watercolor artists are fast.

I can report this morning that I have found my 9x12" sanded paper and taped it to a board.

Huzzah!

sorry Terri - i had to paint another one - now you’re really going to have to step it up. I think I’m a bit obsessed with painting cherry blossoms right now. This one is from a tutorial on YouTube. I wanted to try an “atmospheric” background. I didn’t have indigo so tried to make my own with pthalo blue and Payne’s grey. I didn’t go dark enough. But I’m happy with the flowers - I like the white with the darker stamens.

IMG_7459.jpeg

Most reactions

Back